Could happen to anyone

thomas.orsack

Here I was, laying in a prone position. I have to get up. I take a few steps to the right and get into position....

Eyes on the prize...

I take aim and fire making sure I hit my target. Don't wanna mess this shot up...

I head back over to my original position and BAAAAAAAAAMMM.

Another shot? Nope. Just the bedpost and now a broken toe :mad::mad::mad:

Grrrreeeeeeat....a month before hunting season

HAHAHA, Sorry man, I had to laugh because of how you told the story. Hopefully just a joke, but if not, I feel bad for you , hopefully you can put full weight on it in a few weeks. Where there's a will there's a way!

That's unfortunate, but you clearly have managed to maintain a sense of humor. That was funny

I'm in the same boat. I'll be hunting tomorrow in a walking boot. I shattered my big toe. It should keep me slow and quiet though.

So after opening morning of hunting in wet grass. My left boot was leaking like crazy and was wetter than my walking boot that had a cover on it. Hunting in a walking boot sux. The wife said why don't you go buy some new boots. I tried on the kenetrek hardscrabbles and walk around the store a bit and I'm not limping. I wasn't really wanting to spend that much on boots but they fit so good over my broken toe. The next morning I put about 5 miles on and the toe felt great except for the time I fell. Turns out when you slip on a wet branch your toes automatically curl. The insoles were bugging me a little so I bought some super feet insoles and they are really comfortable. These boots are awsome. So if you ever break a toe right before the season go buy some kenetreks of any other real stiff boot

I've been learning how to deal with it...btw, it was the long skinny toe that i broke. The bruising has spread over to the base of the big toe and, where the toes start, it is all sorts of colors. I went out today and bought some hiking poles...figured i could use them anyways for balance over the Nevada mountains. I haven't tried putting on either pairs of my irish setters yet but I'm sure it will be better by October. If it isn't, I don't care. It's not gonna stop me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back