Cots; what do you like?

1_pointer

Due to my current living situation I will be very soon purchasing a cot. I would like one that works well for vehicle based hunts as well. What make/model do you folks like? Pads on top? Beings as I just killed an air mattress, I'm a bit more interested in a foam pad for on top.

Thanks in advance.

I use a slumberjack cot with a alps pad on top. No complaints other than the cot is a pain in the butt to put on the second bar. The alps pad is self inflating. I like that feature.

Personally I like the Cabela's Alaskan Guide Cots, with a self inflating pad. very comfortable, I've been using mine on hunting trips for over 12 years now.

Kevin

I have a Grand Teton XL, same as a Cabela's Outfitter XL. It's like 7' long, so at 6-2 I don't have to have my ankles resting on a metal bar like a 6' cot. Very sturdy, rated at 600 pounds. I normally put a foam pad, a folded quilt, or both on it, but in warm weather sleep right on the sling fabric. I really do sleep as well on that thing as I do my bed at home.

The only downside is it's big, even folded up, and it's too long to set up in the bed of most pickups if you go the camper shell route.

I have a Grand Teton XL, same as a Cabela's Outfitter XL. It's like 7' long, so at 6-2 I don't have to have my ankles resting on a metal bar like a 6' cot. Very sturdy, rated at 600 pounds. I normally put a foam pad, a folded quilt, or both on it, but in warm weather sleep right on the sling fabric. I really do sleep as well on that thing as I do my bed at home.

The only downside is it's big, even folded up, and it's too long to set up in the bed of most pickups if you go the camper shell route.

I have a Cabela's Outfitter XL too. Insane how comfy it is. I also like that there is a quite a bit of room to move around on it.

I run a standard size Slumberjack cot with 2” pad.
You want a pad for comfort and warmth.

Those XL cots are a mess. Super large and heavy when packed and take up too much space in the tent.
If you want to have guys be annoyed with you show up to camp with one of those behemoths. LOL!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did placed an order today for one that wasn’t mentioned but incorporates some of the same features of this suggested . I ended up ordering from David Tent both a cot and a pad. It looks to set up easy enough, to break down small enough, and be plenty strong. I’ll post an up update once it arrives. Fortunately or unfortunately I’ll have plenty of nights sleep on it to give it a true evaluation of comfort...

Back