Coonass Kitchen???????

D

Deerslayer

.......it was discussed earlier about a possible Dutch Oven BBQue.........and Eric and I were going to bring all the stuff to do it.....

.......now, due to personal reasons, regretably Eric probably won't be there, so it would be easier for me to do my "Coonass Kitchen" setup......I can easily feed between 20-30 people at one time and it would give us all a chance to kill some suds and shoot the bull under the stars while we cooked and ate some of the best food this side of New Orleans! Creole Gumbo is one of the main courses, with Jumbalaya , Etoufee', or Red beans and Rice being optional menus......

The cost would be minimal......each person would pay less than driving to town for a burger........but I just need to know if this is something most would be interested in......if so, I would be more than glad to do it......

.....feedback please.....
DS

Hey DS it sounds good to me but ummm what is it exactly.I am fom Washington and never had that before.I love crawfish and spicy food so it sonds good to me. :D

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-09-2001 18:48: Message edited by: Kraven ]</font>

Hey, now your talking!
My favorite food is Cajun, just let me know how much! Sounds like a fine idea to me! The 'suds' part doesn't sound bad either.

Let me tell you folks... I can vouch for the "Coonass Kitchen" with first hand knowledge! I don't even know where to start... kind of speechless here.

DS puts on one hell of a spread. We can eat at a restaurant any time. Even one in Pig Knuckle Flats, Texas... an AUTHENTIC cajun meal from DS's kitchen is truly an experience to behold! A gastronomic delight! That means "tastes good".... I for one am all in! Don't forget the Tony Cacheres!

IIIIEEEEYYYYYYEEEEE! Shore as I am belly waaahd, iz gooood cookin'

Count me as a YES vote!!! :D

when I was 17 I got the nickname "Cajun Kidd" and it wasn't cause I was from Louisana. :D :D I never met a well cooked cajun dish I didn't like. :D :D
Anything that has Etoufee' after it is the best.

Deerslayer just became my favorite person on this trip. :D :D :D

Creole Gumbo, whew! What a nice offer, red beans and rice sounds like a good half for a basic food. If we do friday night in town and saturday with this Coon Ass Kitchen, we're pretty much covered. Coffee for breakfast and sandwiches for other meals and we'll be in good shape for the duration.

What kind of pie should I bring to go with Creole Gumbo? I don't think there is one, I'll just bring some kind of pie.

Only two kinds of pie are appropriate for Arcadian cuisine; pecan and chess. Since you seem to have a lot of Texans in your group I would recommend pecan. I hope you all have a nice time, eat hearty, and puke your stinkin guts up you lucky SOBs! Sorry! :rolleyes:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-10-2001 13:55: Message edited by: pawclaws ]</font>

DS..... MY vote is 2 THUMBS UP... LIVING in Louisianna for 4 years... I sure miss that stuff
We ca nproovide extra for anyone not likeing Cajan !!!! (OR JSUT KICK THEM)

Friday night eat at the restaurant.. SAT night ... COOKING... DS STYLE !!!!!!!!

Well,...since everyone seems so fired up about it.........I think I'll reach into my grandpappy's archives and pull out the "secret Boudin'" recipe and throw that in for good measure...... I hope the bathroom facilities are up to snuff, because something tells me that there may be a big demand for 'em!

So we'll go with Creole Gumbo.........Potatoe Salad on the side, with the family secret recipe of Cajun Boudin for any who still have an appetite! ;)

Can'y wait fellas!
DS

Gila...before you do too much drooling........you may wanna go to the elk page and look under the topic "How's your meat hanging" towards the bottom of the page! :eek: :D
DS

Back