Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cooler opinions

I have an RTIC 65 (Christmas present from mama several years ago-she got it on sale for $150 to the door) and am happy with the performance but even a 65 is a heavy SOB full. Here is food for thought too as far as brands go, CPO has 2 Kong 70s and they are VERY good (he got a screaming deal on them). Built like tanks and hold cold as good as anything out there. My next one MIGHT be a Kong 70 (and possibly a 25 for good measure :) ) if I can do it fairly covertly :)

I think all my opinions are cool.

I’d do a couple smaller cool ones as well.

I have a assortment of inexpensive cooler from 48-70qt. What I like about them no one steels them sitting outside my tent camp or in camp grounds.
When flying back from Alaska and bring a Caribou I picked up a Coleman Extreme 70qt what makes it better than a YETI it weights less and on Alaska airlines oversize bag is limited to 100lbs so do you want to fly a cooler back or meat for weight ?
Fairbanks to Milwaukee WI then drive to Dubuque IA everything stayed froze solid.
Even driving from Montana to Iowa I never had a problem just put frozen meat in and don't open till you get home up to 48 hours. You will be safe, at least I have been.

It's hard for a midwest flatlander that will be home within 3-5 days to tell you but, I "bought" into the cooler craze a couple years ago with a Orca 65, Do I like it? yes; Does it hold ice well? yes, BUT so do my cheap coolers that get opened constantly. Like someone else mentioned, if they are going to be opened for a beer or other groceries, they're the same or yet worse because they're still heavy. I think if you need to keep something cold for a long period without opening it up at all they work the best.

I also was gifted a hardsided Yetti 20 and a Yetti soft cooler that can hold maybe 12 beers with no ice and retails 200; Horrible performance by both and I do not recommend going that small and cant believe they go for that much considering I paid that much for the Orca after finding a coupon code :)

One thing to realize is the true quart capacity for all YETIs is less than the model number. A YETI 160 is actually around 136qts and a YETI 210 is around 191 qts. An RTIC 145 is 145 qts and an RTIC 110 is 110 qts. They are also about half the price with all the performance. But, since you are getting 40% off, its a mute point.

I was just given an RTIC 110 a few days ago for my birthday. I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a great cooler. I was deliberating on getting the 110 or 145, and now I am glad I was gifted the 110.

Good luck.

Between Yeti 160 and 210, 210 is better. I had a Yeti 160, and to be honest, I wouldn't say I liked it. For me, it was too uncomfortable and too small. I know that Yeti has a good reputation, and a lot of people buy Yeti coolers and like them a lot, but I think that exists coolers that are much better and more affordable. For example, I navigated a lot, and I've found on wyldgear.us a cooler backpack that is comfortable to use. It is also so spacious and qualitative. You can also take into account this option as well. And there are plenty of alternatives like this cooler backpack. We don't have to limit ourselves to just yeti coolers.

Last edited:
I was just given an RTIC 110 a few days ago for my birthday. I haven't used it yet, but it seems like a great cooler.
Third week in August at Wyoming trailhead, RTIC cooler sat in the back of our Jeep Wrangler for seven full days, with beer and beverages on CoolShock ice packs. When we arrived at the trailhead from the backcountry trek, the beer was ice cold and refreshing.

I did end up with a Kong 70 to go along with the RTIC. RTIC is still good but the Kong is ALWAYS my first choice now. The latches are a LOT better, holds ice better, drains easier.....all around great cooler.

Back