Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Contemplating a move from Colorado

We moved from NC to north Idaho last November. It has been incredible with the exception of leaving friends (25 plus years).

Very happy we moved !!

Not sure really what's driving the move, but Sioux falls and the surrounding area are nice. Home prices are reasonable, cheap compared to Denver... If you're wanting more conservative folks and government, we have that. Decent pubic land out west river.

Pretty boring landscape tho, no mountains on this side of the state lol.

Lots of jobs right now too in the area.

I like it well enough to stick around awhile

That's my pitch, take it or leave it lol

Not sure really what's driving the move, but Sioux falls and the surrounding area are nice. Home prices are reasonable, cheap compared to Denver... If you're wanting more conservative folks and government, we have that. Decent pubic land out west river.

Pretty boring landscape tho, no mountains on this side of the state lol.

Lots of jobs right now too in the area.

I like it well enough to stick around awhile

That's my pitch, take it or leave it lol
Thanks, South Dakota is definitely on the list!

So far, for the most part everyone seems to be confirming my thoughts. Will definitely be doing a road trip to SD, Western and Northern Wyoming, and probably check out Idaho too

The ozarks and other areas east and south aren’t out of the question, especially for the wife. I would prefer to stay in the mountains. Time will tel for sure

North Louisiana. Price of living is dirt cheap and you would have all the tree work in the South part of the state that you could ever want. Most tree services were booked 3 to 6 months out in the north part of the State and no telling how long in the south part of the state BEFORE Ida came through.

Wyoming or North Central Arkansas if I could live anywhere I wanted. Arkansas is much more affordable of the two and that is some jam up beautiful country.

Arkansas is a diamond in the ruff for lots of reasons , for hunters and fisherman , we are not overcrowded and always somewhere to go . Beautiful scenery , trails for Utv adventures , Great Lakes for fishing . Walmart wraps it arms and embraces NWA always keeping it looking it’s best and adding jobs and money to the area , adding bike trails to draw more people in , we have golf courses everywhere you look . I have always been someone who wants a small town feel with big city food if that makes sense and this place does that for me . Always somewhere to go and just enjoy what god made .

I have always been someone who requires more than a simple town could provide , I have lived in California from the Bay Area to Tahoe , went to school in Auburn Ca , I have lives in Oklahoma and of all places I decided to buy in a little town called Hogen , the funny thing is I left California thinking I wanted the smallest town and small town living what I did not take into consideration is I like food and cooking as well as I like to be able to go and buy whatever it is I want , so now I have the best of both worlds thanks to North West Arkansas. Bass Pro is here , decent food , and for the woman downtown and the mall LOL . But for real it has something for everyone and a great place for kids .

If you'd ever consider Oregon, here's a breakdown of some important points...

Pros:
*Homesteading is on the rise and there's a LOT of opportunity and areas to do so.
*Ridiculous opportunity for foraging, gardening and raising livestock (especially west of the coast range, where it's stupidly easy)
*Tons of variety of big and small game to hunt
*High demand for both you and your wife's career fields, especially yours in the fall and winter, which is 3/4 of the year here...
*Ridiculously beautiful scenery

Cons:
*Fall/winter is 3/4 of the year, especially at the coast
*High cost of living in/near most cities (rural areas are less expensive)
*Politics are ridiculous, especially the closer you get to the big cities (Portland, Salem, Eugene)
*Coast range public access lands for hunting is shrinking (Wayerhauser is buying it up as quickly as it's becoming available.. I can't speak much on other areas of the state for land access. My home unit [Alsea, 18] is at roughly 40% public lands)
*There's currently a ballot measure in proposal (they're still petitioning to get it on the ballot) to end all hunting, fishing, meat raising.. all the way down to closing down all extermination businesses... I'd definitely wait to see how that goes...

Tried to remain fairly equal with the good and bad, but being on the "wrong side" (politically) really hinders the ability to be positive about so many things here. I'm sure this isn't the only state where that's an issue. Also tried not to make this political, but it's an important point to consider when moving to another state.

For the last two years, I've been trying nothing but persuading my wife to move to Switzerland. My dream has long been to move to the coolest country in the EU. I thought of moving to Denmark, as I have a lot of relatives there who moved there from Pennsylvania. But as soon as I found out about this company, I only dreamed of this move: https://loparemovals.com/european-removals-switzerland, which can move me to Switzerland even with my furniture. My wife doubted her ability to speak French. She thought she'd be a laughing stock there and wouldn't find a job. But only one trip to Canada convinced her that she was a genius of languages. Thanks to this relocation program, we transferred our savings to a Swiss bank and found a house there. Soon we'll get Swiss citizenship. We have to wait. So I advise you to always move to a better place if you have a chance of success there.

Last edited:
For the last two years, I've been trying nothing but persuading my wife to move to Switzerland. My dream has long been to move to the coolest country in the EU.
Our family sold our house there a couple years ago... it's not as great as you think. I mean it's cool for like a month - no, a couple weeks. Then it gets old.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back