Container Cabin Build

Wow. Night and day difference between the new guy and the last guy!

IMG_2240.jpeg

Even out there with a rake on the edge of the pad.

IMG_8212.jpeg

Think I need to accelerate the clean up efforts on the junk laying around. I might end up moving the old railroad boxcar over a bit if it isn't too much work. I think if I am slow and careful I can pick it up on the ends and and move it over a foot or so at a time with the excavator.
 
Last edited:
Had a surprise expense and at the time thought it was going to be a big delay.

The existing electric service was just for a well and I knew I was going to have to upgrade the meter loop but thought that if the electric coop had to upgrade anything that would be on their dime. Nope. To upgrade the transformer and the wire going to it is going to cost me $3,600 aid to construction. :(

They originally said it would take 4 to 5 weeks so that was really going to set me back but I got it paid right away and they actually got everything upgraded yesterday which was exactly 1 week from when I paid so that was really good at least.

Thinking the containers are going to head that way next week hopefully!

Got the trim finished today.

Painted it in the barn last night.

IMG_6242.jpeg

Debated on how big to make the reveal on the jam and ended up just eyeballing it. Did 1x6 for the door trim.

IMG_6250.jpeg
IMG_6251.jpegIMG_6252.jpeg

The white trim against the pallet paneling really makes it pop. Used 1x4 for the rest of the trim.

IMG_6254.jpeg

Here it is with all the trim up. I think I had it painted and caulked in this picture.

IMG_6257.jpeg

Looking toward the back.

IMG_6258.jpeg

And got the kitchen and bathroom sink faucets in. Still need to do the plumbing under the sink and waiting on quite a bit of stuff in the bathroom since we are waiting to finish that ceiling out until we get the mini split installed and waiting on that until it gets moved up there.

IMG_6262.jpeg

Hopefully getting everything delivered next week and going to start trenching for electrical and plumbing and maybe work on getting the septic installed.

Only snag now is my nephew who is doing my electrical for me can’t help again until the 24th so that’s the new bottleneck.
 
Had a surprise expense and at the time thought it was going to be a big delay.

The existing electric service was just for a well and I knew I was going to have to upgrade the meter loop but thought that if the electric coop had to upgrade anything that would be on their dime. Nope. To upgrade the transformer and the wire going to it is going to cost me $3,600 aid to construction. :(

They originally said it would take 4 to 5 weeks so that was really going to set me back but I got it paid right away and they actually got everything upgraded yesterday which was exactly 1 week from when I paid so that was really good at least.

Thinking the containers are going to head that way next week hopefully!

Got the trim finished today.

Painted it in the barn last night.

View attachment 418628

Debated on how big to make the reveal on the jam and ended up just eyeballing it. Did 1x6 for the door trim.

View attachment 418629
View attachment 418630View attachment 418631

The white trim against the pallet paneling really makes it pop. Used 1x4 for the rest of the trim.

View attachment 418632

Here it is with all the trim up. I think I had it painted and caulked in this picture.

View attachment 418633

Looking toward the back.

View attachment 418634

And got the kitchen and bathroom sink faucets in. Still need to do the plumbing under the sink and waiting on quite a bit of stuff in the bathroom since we are waiting to finish that ceiling out until we get the mini split installed and waiting on that until it gets moved up there.

View attachment 418635

Hopefully getting everything delivered next week and going to start trenching for electrical and plumbing and maybe work on getting the septic installed.

Only snag now is my nephew who is doing my electrical for me can’t help again until the 24th so that’s the new bottleneck.
Look awesome!
Please, please post photos of an elk in the back of your electric truck.
Haha. Should have taken a pic of the pronghorn. I’ll be chasing elk in MT in a few weeks.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,134
Messages
2,250,873
Members
39,098
Latest member
MuskegMunitions
Back
Top