Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CONGRATS on YOUR DEER !!!!!!!!

I just recently got back from my hunt in montana. I spent two weeks chasing after elk and deer. I spent most of my time mule deer hunting and couldn't find one bigger than the others that I have so I didn't take one. I spent 6 days in the eastern part of the state and only saw small bucks. I think we saw about 40-50 deer a day and about 7-10 bucks a day. Many in the 18-22" range but none that I really wanted to put a tag on. So we headed back to western montana to hunt my seret spot ;)

We spent 5 days elk hunting and had no luck. This is the first time in 15 years that I didn't get an elk. Oh well. I did manage to get a buck in my dads hay field. He's not a monster but a nice mature buck. He is about 5-6 years old and has 5" bases, and carries the mass all the way out. He's not my biggest but I got to break in the new .260 on him... Leveled him at 250 yards. I got a complete pass through both shoulders.

I just recently moved out to the east coast. I hate it so far, no open space. The only good thing I got going for me is I get to a 5 month deer hunting season. I have only got to smoke a couple so far. But have a licence that says I can shoot unlimited does, and I can still shoot 16 bucks... if you can believe that :D
Ivan.jpg

Disreguard the date on the picture. My hunting partner took the picture and Isn't smart enough to change the date on the camera :rolleyes:

Oh and one other thing. Thats Bessy in the back gournd. She's my trusty hunitn' Cow...
;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-13-2002 07:00: Message edited by: Bambistew ]</font>

As promised, here is the pic of my friend Sean's first buck.

seanshebuck.jpg

He was very happy with it.

It's way better than my first buck!

berto

Well I finally got a hosting service and scanned some pics only problem is I forgot to scan my latest deer kill I guess Ill post him later. He aint much to look at anyway just a fork tastes good though. :D

Below is my archery buck I shot dec 29 2001. I was just sitting there watching this beaver make a dam and the next thing I knew this buck just grunted at me and stood broadside at 20 yards. OK just kidding! :D My buddy and I actually hunted an area that was holding 5-6 good bucks every day from dec 14 until I killed this guy on dec 29th at 20 yards. I had been following him and his 12-13 does for a couple hours and finally caught him sniffing a does ass intensely right at sundown. He was so into it he didnt even notice me and walked right into my path broadside at 20 yards. My buddy had already killed a deer so had to wait til Jan. January 2nd he killed a bigger buck within half a mile of where I killed this guy. Pictures of both are below.

image.php

here is mine on the wall

image.php

Here is my buddy Wes with his buck

image.php

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-16-2002 15:54: Message edited by: FEW ]</font>

Damn my pics came out small dont know how to enlarge them though. My buck was a 4x4 and the buck wes shot was a 3x4. Here is a picture of wes and his lucky day in 2001. He shot this little buck and while dressing it out the bobcat came in and started watching at 25 yards. The bobcat quickly received an arrow and joined the deer in happy land!

image.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back