Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Common Springbuck & Caracal Action Mount

B

big28hunter

Was very pleased today picking up my mount done by Scott Gulliver's Taxidermy of Wapwallopen, PA. Both critters were taken in South Africa near the town of Komga. These action mounts are becoming my favorite way to get animals done. This cat actually had springbuck in his stomach which gave me the idea for this mount. I was hunting with Kubusi Safaris on the Eastern Cape. My third safari is in two weeks and I'll be targeting zebra, nyala, mountain reedbuck, duiker, and waterbuck. Good huntin'

Last edited:
Beautiful mount, good luck on your upcoming safari. Zebras make beautiful rugs,or mounts. Have fun stay safe. Is that a kudu in the background???

Last edited:
Thanks fellas! I know Africa isn't for everyone but I have the Dark Continent in my blood. As soon as the grandkids are ready I'll be on safari #4. Well maybe sooner :D

Really cool taxidermy pose.

We were driving along the crater rim at Ngorongoro Crater when we saw the quintessential Caracal move. The Frankolin was flushing and that cat was climbing an invisible ladder springing up to bat that bird out of the air. Amazing that you were able to hunt one up, as it is such a stealthy creature.

beautiful mount!!! definitely on my list of animals for the next time I get to visit the dark continent.

Nice looking mounts!
The dark continent has always intrigued me also. Maybe I'll make it there one of these years.

Really cool taxidermy pose.

We were driving along the crater rim at Ngorongoro Crater when we saw the quintessential Caracal move. The Frankolin was flushing and that cat was climbing an invisible ladder springing up to bat that bird out of the air. Amazing that you were able to hunt one up, as it is such a stealthy creature.

Dogs did all the work. I was just the shooter.

Back