Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Columbia Boots customer service

orion23

I bought Columbia Bugaboo boots a few years back, probably 5-6 years ago. I only wear them a couple of times a year, usually for shoveling the driveway or something like that.

I took them to N.Dak this year on my deer hunt and one of the boots fell apart on me where the rubber met the leather. I emailed them the photos and they very quickly replied and will be sending me another pair of boots.

Kudos to Columbia for their fast service and standing behind their work.

Highly recommend.

You should of just asked for your money back. Chances are if you take the new ones hunting they will fall apart too. All my experiences with their footware has been bad. If there is serious hiking to be done I would consider a different brand.

Good to know they have great customer service. I should of used it.

I used to wear columbia boots during archery season only because they were inexpensive, lightweight and very quiet. After two seasons I found they would only last the one month of archery elk hunting and I would need to get another pair the following year. I made the jump to the Kenetreks this year and after one season of hard use they still look basically new. You pay for what you get and in the long run the more expensive gear upfront will end up being less expensive as you will get more years of use.

My bugaboos will usually last 2-3 years before they come apart as you discribed. I bought them out of the bargain cave for 1/2 price so I wasn't out that much.

However, congrats to Columbia for stepping up and fixing the problem.

good luck to all
the dog

these are bugaboo's also but i dont wear them hunting as a rule. that N.Dak trip was the first hunting trip they every say in all the years i owned them. i use them for family cold weather things.

I just wanted to forward something good. We usually hear about the bad things, i thought id give them some kind words for taking care of me.

I do have Kenetreks that im going to get rid of. Got them last year, not even really broke in but going to Lathrop and Sons this year.

Back