Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado Unit 7

bigdogg2278

Anyone have any info on Unit 7 in colorado, i could draw this next year for archery but all the info i find on it is 5+ years old

Unit 4 first choice , over the counter second choice.there is better hunting in the otc units to the west than unit 7. Unit 14,15,231 lots of public land and good elk hunting.

I looked at 14 and 15 some but the number of hunters is what turned me off more then anything.

Hike in a mile or so and you will not find very many hunters if any during archery season.My son just returned from hunting in 14 and never saw another hunter in 7 days of hunting.

My sons and I drew 7/8/9/19/191 tags in 2011 and 2012 with no points. We hunted 8 the first year and saw a few cows but no bulls. We hunted 7 in 2012 and saw more bulls but couldn't close the deal. Had a cow at 8 yards, but no shot. We hunted on the north edge of Rahwah Wilderness. I wouldn't burn points to go back. I am hunting OTC this year in 211.

I hunted south end of unit 7 in burn area during muzzleloader...Never saw or heard an elk or saw any fresh sign. At least I went home with a turkey, and it was easier to haul out of the woods! I am starting to think there are more moose in the Cache la Poudre drainage than elk!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back