Colorado Unit 60

Nick28

I see the 2nd rifle season in unit 60 is OTC for elk and am currently at looking at going out there. Just curious on what I should expect in that unit. I know its OTC but according to some of my research, it seems like there isn't a whole lot of hunting pressure. Is this true? What should my expectations be? Will we find any elk? How about mule deer, are there any mule deer in this unit? Anything will be appreciated, don't need anybody's secret spots or anything because I know it's a small unit but would love some help since I live in North Dakota and its not like I can easily cruise down there and check the area out for myself. Thanks in advance guys.

That's one of my favorite units to never hunt again. If you're a member of Gohunt the photos are actually fairly accurate.

In CO OTC: Alot of Elk=Alot of Elk Hunters. Works the other way around to.

^^^This is great advise.

You’re going to drive through a lot of elk country to a place where there aren’t many elk. Not saying you can’t have a great hunt but if I were you I would choose a unit with more opportunity to get into them.

Thanks guys! I've just heard that there isn't a lot of hunting pressure there and was hoping to go someplace where I wouldn't see another hunter around every corner. I know that may be a lot to ask for in an OTC unit.

Hey guys! I ended up getting drawn for first rifle unit 60 this year. Only to find out it is not the best unit for Elk early in the season.
Do y'all know where the "little forest" is? I have seen a few posts about it.
Going out this weekend to scout and get a lay of the land.
Any other advice on this unit is greatly appreciated!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back