MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado Unit 551

onebigranger

My 78 year old Dad and my Wife drew 3rd season Mule Deer Tags for Unit 551 in Colorado. I will be guiding them on their hunt. We've never hunted this unit before. Has anyone hunted this unit before? It will be during the first week of November so hopefully some rutting action will be getting started. I assume snow will help push them down lower. I've talked to a Biologist and got a couple potential areas to check out. Hopefully I can find a decent buck for both of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Will gladly private message so as not to spread your information to the whole world, Lol. Thanks, Ron.

I have been hunting there my whole life. I have taken 2 deer in the years I was able to draw, both in 2nd season rifle. My brother took a nice one 3 years ago and has a tag this year for 2nd season as well. I have some suggestions for you depending on the capabilities of your dad? ATV or limited to Vehicle? Can he walk a few ridges or more of a sit and wait near the forest access? Since your dad had to wait a few years to draw the tag I am guessing, lets see if we can get him another one for the books! PM me and I will get you some specific trails / roads to travel! I shot a real nice one 5 years ago but the first antlers I saw last year made it to the freezer! My profile pic was last years buck.

I have been hunting there my whole life. I have taken 2 deer in the years I was able to draw, both in 2nd season rifle. My brother took a nice one 3 years ago and has a tag this year for 2nd season as well. I have some suggestions for you depending on the capabilities of your dad? ATV or limited to Vehicle? Can he walk a few ridges or more of a sit and wait near the forest access? Since your dad had to wait a few years to draw the tag I am guessing, lets see if we can get him another one for the books! PM me and I will get you some specific trails / roads to travel! I shot a real nice one 5 years ago but the first antlers I saw last year made it to the freezer! My profile pic was last years buck.

Sent you a PM wolfpup!

Back