MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado unit 41 1st rifle

FLS

I drew this tag and have been researching and e scouting a good bit. I have several areas picked out and would like to talk with someone familiar with the unit(s) about access and to see if I'm on the right track. I've archery hunted 34 a few times in the past so I'm not a total newb. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Not my first post. Long time lurker.

Being from Junction I hunted 41 and 62 mostly growing up. Lots of locals and Kannah gets hammered hard throughout the season, from top to bottom. My only advice would be to get creative with your plan because the obvious spots will likely be staked out already. There's success to be had, though, so get after it hard.

Reactions: FLS
Thanks. Not my first post. Long time lurker.
"New member" says otherwise. One of the first initial posts is a request for members to PM you unit advice?! That'll go over like a fart in church!

My apologies for the forum faux pas.
To prevent any future transgressions what is the appropriate length of membership or number of posts to have before asking advice?

Just do a quick search of "colorado" and then see how many new members started the thread. It's self explanatory after you see the results.

My apologies for the forum faux pas.
To prevent any future transgressions what is the appropriate length of membership or number of posts to have before asking advice?
Dude what would possess you to ask for hunting advice on a hunting forum?????

Everybody knows you do that here.

I would think a private message with specific question is the right way to go about it. How else would you be able to start a conversation. I hate seeing all “not your honey hole“ as much as the next guy but it’s just as easy to keep your mouth shut, as it is to use the search function.
I don’t know the country in 41, but good luck.

I’ve searched a lot. . I’m past that point. I have just a few specific questions. I don’t want to blow up anyone’s honeyhole, thus the PM.

Kinda surprised an old pro like yourself would have time to respond to this post. I would’ve guessed you’d be super deeeeeeeeep in the backcountry doing some scouting this time of year, not being a nerd on the internet. Or are you hunting closer to the roads these days because all the damned hippies from the east are coming out to do Cameron Hanes impersonations and driving them out of the high country?

Ps. Do you know how many coolers I can fit in my Jetta to haul an elk out?

Thanks
Sorry fellar, but I don't fit any of those assumptions! I'm a prairie hunting fool who isn't afraid to call a spade a spade. These threads that try to pump for info and then the member disappears are irritating. Contribute and then expect it back. Or try this crazy notion of learning for yourself by strapping your boots on!

OP....have you tried the search function for posts about that unit? Many times units get brought up repeatedly over the years and there could be some decent information.

Pumping for info... I believe you might be the one making assumptions. If you know something about the unit you could contribute or keep your mouth shut, rather than play internet hall monitor. I have a couple of specific questions about specific parts of the unit. But if no one care to answer them no biggie. I’ll figure it out.

OP....have you tried the search function for posts about that unit? Many times units get brought up repeatedly over the years and there could be some decent information.

I have. There a couple of specific questions I haven't been able to find an answer to.

Pumping for info... I believe you might be the one making assumptions. If you know something about the unit you could contribute or keep your mouth shut, rather than play internet hall monitor. I have a couple of specific questions about specific parts of the unit. But if no one care to answer them no biggie. I’ll figure it out.
I meant no offense. Its just an irritating habit that happens after every state's draw. My only suggestion is use goHunt. That site is extremely helpful.

The hunt planner phone line from CPW is pretty helpful. I've also had good luck looking up the office for the unit area and talking to either a warden or biologist. They have always been helpful. The hunt planner line sort of reads off of a script of sorts to say what should be happening, but a warden and biologist will damned near tell you what ridge they see elk on. I've also had some luck a few times thinking outside the box, so to speak, and getting a hold of taxidermists and meat processors in the area. Their businesses depend on your success, so sometimes they will cough up information.

I drew this tag and have been researching and e scouting a good bit. I have several areas picked out and would like to talk with someone familiar with the unit(s) about access and to see if I'm on the right track. I've archery hunted 34 a few times in the past so I'm not a total newb. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.
I live in 41 and hunt it. pm sent. I’m having a hard time understanding why someone in Minnesota cares about my backyard. I’ll give him a great overview of the unit based on my opinions formed by hunting it for twenty one years without giving up my secrets, unless i decide i like him. It’s a big enough unit for one more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back