Colorado unit 4

I was just looking at the draw stats for Unit 4. Are they only giving out only 2 tags for 1st rifle, or am I an idiot and misreading the chart?

I was just looking at the draw stats for Unit 4. Are they only giving out only 2 tags for 1st rifle, or am I an idiot and misreading the chart?
I have not seen the results. Someone posted they release on the 20th in time to put in for the second draw.

I have not seen the results. Someone posted they release on the 20th in time to put in for the second draw.
Yes I noticed that also - 2nd season is not otc anymore? I’ve been out of the game for a little while and things have changed quite a bit in 10 years. I’m in early stages of planning a hunt for 24’ and looks like 1st muzzleloader would be my best bet if I go unit 4.

My son did end up drawing GMU 4 for archery. Looking at a few different areas and planning to go up this weekend to scout for accessibility, downfall, glassing points. I see they do give plenty of tags for the unit. Just curious if anyone has any tips or helpful insight. Maybe just a DM where I may be able to pick your brain if you have been in the areas I plan to be. We are not scared to hike (Anything up to 4 miles with full camp on back). Generally speaking we hunt out of a pack for 2-3 days at a time. Never had to pack out an elk (as I am pretty new to western hunting), but packed several whitetails out of different areas while hunting out east. Thanks in advance.
If you're planning on coming up this week be aware of the hippies that will be flooding into that area for their "Family Gathering" or whatever the hell they call it. Adams Park is where the gathering will take place over the next few weeks with the peak being the first week of July. Ive seen estimates of numbers of people being anywhere from 10,000 - 30,000 people.

Iam new to forum, have elk hunted in Colorado 6 years with my 2 sons,oldest son killed first bull last year 2nd rifle,unit 22 hunted in 34,42,22,11,put in for 4th rifle in unit 4 this year.I use hunt onyx to e scout going out 2 days in advance of season to scout,not worried of weather just checking on norm for that time of year

Iam new to forum, have elk hunted in Colorado 6 years with my 2 sons,oldest son killed first bull last year 2nd rifle,unit 22 hunted in 34,42,22,11,put in for 4th rifle in unit 4 this year.I use hunt onyx to e scout going out 2 days in advance of season to scout,not worried of weather just checking on norm for that time of year
I just joined the forum and have to get 10 post before I can pm you, I would like to talk to talk to you about unit 22 and the rest, I am going there this fall first rifle

My son did end up drawing GMU 4 for archery. Looking at a few different areas and planning to go up this weekend to scout for accessibility, downfall, glassing points. I see they do give plenty of tags for the unit. Just curious if anyone has any tips or helpful insight. Maybe just a DM where I may be able to pick your brain if you have been in the areas I plan to be. We are not scared to hike (Anything up to 4 miles with full camp on back). Generally speaking we hunt out of a pack for 2-3 days at a time. Never had to pack out an elk (as I am pretty new to western hunting), but packed several whitetails out of different areas while hunting out east. Thanks in advance.
Hello Jscar1230,
My unit is now a draw unit 521. I am doing some research on which unit to hunt this year and using up some of my points. Any tips for unit 4 would be appreciated for archery.

Was there two seasons ago. PM and I'll share the hard lessons we learned about that area. Camped in California Park and hunted 4 and 441.

I'm pretty sure if we went back I could kill an elk after talking to the locals and seeing how the first two days of season went.
I drew unit 4 archery, what season did you hunt

Haven’t gotten to 10 posts but would love any info you can over on unit 4 been E scouting the SW part of the route national forest and will be going out 2nd rifle fall of this year if Montana general elk draw falls through

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back