Colorado Unit 30

Cotten

I'm looking for anyone with recent experience in Unit 30 in Colorado. Looking at having my dad draw a mule deer tag for 3rd season there this year. I would appreciate any information, experiences, or observations you are willing to share. Just shoot me a PM if you prefer. Thank you!

Did your dad draw the 3rd season deer tag ? I have a fourth season deer tag and would sure be interested in how the hunt went. Thanks

Would you look at that, a single NR tag. Probably will take near max points next year I bet.

Screenshot_20230614_134220_Drive.jpg

That nonresident was me. Should be a fun hunt. I’ve hunted a couple times just East of there out of Montrose but never in 30. I have a general area in mind but if anybody has any insight, suggestions, or helpful info I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks
Tony

That nonresident was me. Should be a fun hunt. I’ve hunted a couple times just East of there out of Montrose but never in 30. I have a general area in mind but if anybody has any insight, suggestions, or helpful info I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks
Tony
You won't have a tough time and should be a really fun hunt. Congrats

There were 4 NR tags, 9 R, 2 LPP.
What am I missing? I see 3 landowner tags drawn, no youth tags, 4 resident and 1 NR. Since it was a unit highlighted grey, that would mean that there was a hybrid draw for a resident tag as well I assume?

What am I missing? I see 3 landowner tags drawn, no youth tags, 4 resident and 1 NR. Since it was a unit highlighted grey, that would mean that there was a hybrid draw for a resident tag as well I assume?
I'm looking at page 604 of the deer post draw report and see what oak mentioned

Did your dad draw the 3rd season deer tag ? I have a fourth season deer tag and would sure be interested in how the hunt went. Thanks
He did not draw the Unit 30 tag. Wound up burning his points in a different unit. Good luck with your hunt. The Demaree WSA is beautiful.

Back