Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado unit 24 third rifle season

Elk Arrow

I was wondering if anyone had any insight around the tappers lake area of unit 24? We hunted there last fall but only had luck seeing cows. We were on foot and intend to do the same this year. We are not afraid to put the miles on just wondering if someone could head us in the right direction.

I have hunted that unit many times 3rd season and I prefer 3rd season if your not afraid of snow it is the best time to go...But be prepared some years you will get snowed out!

Or you could get a 1st season tag as a leftover.

Lots of competition there. The further away from others you get the better.

I have hunted this area since 2004 with the exception of 2014. I have hunted 3rd season for the past 6 years as there are way less hunters. We were camped at the Trappers camp ground in 2016. There is alot of elk in the area but the bulls can be hard to find. It seems like from year to year they are in different areas. Because of the warm weather last season we went into the Flat Tops and found quite a few elk but no bulls which was really surprising. My advice is to learn the area and you will start to figure out where elk are likely to be. And shoot the first legal bull that you see or you are likely to be eating tag soup.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back