Colorado Unit 14

WI avidhunter

Anyone familar with GMU # 14 in CO? I am planning a DIY 2nd season rifle hunt in 2012 and looking for all the info I can find on that unit. I have already looked at the info CO DOW website. If you have hunted it before please let me know what your thoughts are about the unit.

I've hunted it several times. The elk population has been lowered greatly in the last few years. The hunter numbers have risen steadily every year, thanks to the DOW listing it as a hot area. To put it mildly it gets mobbed. I MZ hunted it last year, and had to work hard to find elk. I probably won't go back again. The beetle kill has been rough on the timber in the area. As a result road closures can be a problem along with the looming threat of a massive fire. PM me and I can send you some pictures, and places to start.

I bowhunted 14 last year.throw a pack on your back,and get away from the roads.lots of people but its amazing how the crowds thin out if you will put a couple miles between yourself and the roads.plenty of elk! hunt hard.good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back