Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado transplant new to Washington State and this forum

BlueJeansHunter

Hi everybody! Joining hunt talk because it is a forum my hunting partner has been using for years. Now that I moved away from Colorado and have to do my own research rather than relying on my buddy, I figured it was time to join in the conversation. I started hunting around age 30 as I like to claim - because my wife read too much Michael Pollan and insisted that "we" either needed to hunt and kill our own meat or become vegetarians. Well, I thought about complaining, but decided that was actually one of the coolest wifely demands that has ever been made, period. So here I am now trying to learn how to hunt in Washington State as a committed hunter after over a decade of bringing down mostly mule deer, but also a rocky mountain bighorn in Colorado. I look forward to perusing the many conversations!

Living in Seattle, but planning to explore the whole state and I hear eastern WA is the place to be for elk and white tails. Still learning what is where and how to do what though. Will be out turkey hunting outside of Cle Elum this weekend.

Back