Colorado Success

Matt/VT

Headed to CO for a third week rifle hunt. This was my second trip after elk, with a 2013 trip to WY with my father. That was primarily a horseback hunt, so I wanted something a bit more on my feet.

Coming from Vermont, I find the learning curve is steep, so I decided on another outfitted hunt. I'm hoping to progress to more DIY in the future like some of you, but for now I'm happy to get some local knowledge. Worked pretty hard to get in shape for the west- ran my first ultra, lifted a bunch and did a pile of hills with my pack.

This hunt occurred in the National Forest lands not far from the Zirkel Wilderness near Clark. We rode into our hunting area each morning, spent the day hunting on foot and then rode out.

I was lucky enough to tag my first bull on the last day of the trip.

The herd we were able to stalk into shooting range of, upper left of the near ridge:

Beautiful CO Bull and a happy hunter

The pack out

Last edited:
Wow, that first pic is good for the soul. Lots of possibities out to the far horizon. Congratulations on the hunt.

Looks like you had a lot of fun, that smile couldn't get any bigger. Congrats. Some great country you had to hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back