Colorado Statewide bighorn sheep tag

Oak

Expert
I just wanted to give a heads up about some upcoming fundraising raffles by the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society. The following items will be raffled:

Colorado statewide bighorn sheep tag - Good for any open season and unit, and then to the end of the year in all areas that are open during the regular seasons.

Colorado statewide mountain goat tag - Same as above

Colorado statewide pronghorn tag - Same as above; only 500 tickets available

Custom Weaver Rifle - Custom 270 WSM built on Classic Winchester Action. Bench rest trued, Pac Nor Barrel, High Grade English Walnut Stock, Talley rings and Swarovski Z3 3-9X scope. 35th Anniversary RMBS engraving. ($6,225 retail value); only 500 tickes available

Custom Weaver Rifle - Custom 7mm Rem Mag built on skeletonized Rem 700 Action with Sako extractor and fluted bolt. Bench rest trued, Lilja #1 stainless barrel. High Tech Synthetic Sheep Hunter Stock coated in Natural Gear Gamo. Talley rings and Swarovski Z3 3-9X scope. 35th Anniversary RMBS engraving. ($4,495 retail value); only 500 tickets available

Swarovski 10x42 SLC binoculars - series of raffles, limited to 200 entrants each. If 250 tickets are sold, two pair of binos will be raffled.

Swarovski STM 65 spotting scope - same as bino raffles above

Swarovski Lazer Rangefinder - same as above optics raffles

All raffles, except for the pronghorn tag and the 7mm, will be on April 24th, so get your entries in soon. The other two will be held on July 10th. For more information and the order form:
http://www.bighornsheep.org/Raffles.htm

Also, the RMBS banquet will be held on April 24th in Denver. I'd like to see some Hunttalk members there! For more information:
http://www.bighornsheep.org/2009RMBSBanquet.htm

Last edited:
Here are the 2009 (left) and 2008 rams taken by the raffle winners. The 2008 ram nets over 180. Not sure about the 2009 ram, but I think it's a touch bigger.

Attachments

• 2009-2008rams.bmp
    368.8 KB · Views: 915
I could sure use a couple of custom $25 dollar rifles for the safe...thanks for the link.

Bump, because I can. ;)

BTW, for those I know, you can get tickets directly from me.

Oak, how many ppl put in for the bighorn raffle last year?

I did some looking and if drawn the going guide rate is $4k for five days....is five days seriously enough time to locate a trophy bighorn?

I know this game...it's called "Stump the Dummy". I guess this is the part where you tell me there isn't a guide requirement for non-res???

Just saying if you had that tag, any NR with a 1/4 brain(1/4 brain also reads "sheep experience", which you have) could go out on their own and kill 170 ram no problem. 180 wouldn't be to far of a stretch either with a little luck and time. I guess if you want a bigger ram go guided:)

Last edited:
There will be some interesting hunts auctioned off at the banquet, including Alberta wolf (bring three of your buddies at 4x the winning bid) and NM oryx.

sent mine off and also emailed it to everyone I know that doesn't visit hunttalk.....;)

I'm going to win the 7mm and use it to get a 130 class ram.....

It would suck to shoot a big one right away :D

Last edited:
I won't guide you, but I'll go along. I'm not a licensed outfitter, so I don't think I can accept your beer. ;)

hahaha i took down the guided part. I don't like the pressure of having a guide hahahahhaa

I'm feeling it though. That tag is mine!!! It will look good next to my dall ram after I draw that tag next week.

Excellent idea...Oak and Wyo scout my ram out, give me a call when you find a good'en, then I'll drive up and you point the way.

Wyo...how many tickets did you buy for the BH?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back