Caribou Gear

Colorado ski partners wanted

f-ing tunnel trash
Wow - I haven't heard that one in ages. My wife's old favorite saying.
I'm a mut
30% Jerry, 15% Apres, 40% rec, 15% ripper.
I'm probably Ripper transitioning to Senior with a 20% dose of Apres and at least the portion of Powderhound of "hate: Their friends on a pow day"

My son and I are psyched to watch the return of Cowboy Downhill on Monday, though. Where do these guys fall on the scale?

@wllm1313 you’re largely missing the point I’m poorly making. I don’t go or care to go skiing anymore. For the reasons you’re alluding to.

But if I do get dragged up the mountain by people for a weekend I’m gonna 100% care more about the hot tub than the slopes.

@wllm1313 you’re largely missing the point I’m poorly making. I don’t go or care to go skiing anymore. For the reasons you’re alluding to.

But if I do get dragged up the mountain by people for a weekend I’m gonna 100% care more about the hot tub than the slopes.
I was just bemoaning... ;)

If you ban cheap beer in the parking lot then I'm banning la croix and lifts.
I mean ok, we can go to plan B. everyone who arrives at the parking lot must ski for 4 hours. Those who do not are shot.

FWIW, the really good skiers at Taos before the the calendar showed 3 zeros spoke in DouglasR tongue.

I may or may not be repeating myself.

Last edited:
Where does one buy a the proper postage so that I can “just send it” while making winter sport? These helmet stickers and backpack patches in the lift line are very confusing to me.

I mean ok, we can go to plan B. everyone who arrives at the parking lot must ski for 4 hours. Those who do not are shot.

can that 4 hours include the time it takes to get from parking to top of first run?

at most resorts in colorado these days that alone would whittle down total time skiing to like 1 hour. then you can hit the midday lobster pot with a brewski after only like two laborious groomer sessions

I was a ski instructor in Germany in my early 20's (early 2000's). We'd always head to Ischgl Austria for awesome skiing and even better nightlife. The piste back to the base area was a complete $hit show at the end of the day. Pretty sure it is party central for the Alps.

Anyway, in 2016 they finally had enough, $2000 fine if caught in your ski boots after 8pm. I would have been in trouble my ski boots usually didn't come off until I went to bed.

It was my favorite ski area. Everyone skied groomers, there was powder weeks after a storm and it is massive. Apres was the best around.

I have learned that I need to just drink beer, cheap bear, on the chair and not whiskey, the latter is a good way to sunny bono yourself. Liquid courage can be dangerous.
8 oz coors lights bro. Finish one every lap.

OMG, Corona in any language is like talking about bombing the last run in the airport. it's just not done.

And 8 oz coors lights keep me from having to fish sparky out of three layers of clothing. When it's cold, it's even more of a challenge.

OMG, Corona in any language is like talking about bombing the last run in the airport. it's just not done.

And 8 oz coors lights keep me from having to fish sparky out of three layers of clothing. When it's cold, it's even more of a challenge.
Cascade Corona = Rainier

Are those hiking boots?!?
Shiiit you know how this industry is.
They won’t even leave the locker room unlocked for us uphill athletes so we’ve just gotta carry our chit up the mountain.

Have fun in steamboat!
If my rents weren’t in town this weekend I’d be trying to creep my way into your dm’s and get up there.

Back