Colorado Mtn Goat Odds??

PaJay 1962

I just watched the Easton Bowhunting show the other night with Fred Eichler bowhunting for goats in Colorado. He commented that it was his second bowhunt in Colorado for goats in 4 years. Now, I had a fair amount of math in college, but when I see that the maximum amount of points are held by people who didn't draw, the mathematical probability that this guy (who has a TV show in CO), managed to hit the lottery not once, but TWICE in 4 years is astounding! I think he should be playing the Powerball with that luck! :hump:

I am waiting 5 years to apply again for CO goat. I harvested one last fall. Once I can apply after sitting on the sidelines for 5 seasons, the first 3 years will be spent gaining only preference points and since many people also have bonus points which you can earn after have the max of 3 preference points, I will be waiting 9 seasons or so before will have a ping pong ball in the hopper for a goat tag.

If I had not harvested, I could draw in my 4th season after hunting. Not sure if there have been leftover tags that would fall out of the bonus pool.

Also, there is one or more goat raffle tags that you could in theory win yearly and harvest a goat yearly.

I just watched the Easton Bowhunting show the other night with Fred Eichler bowhunting for goats in Colorado. He commented that it was his second bowhunt in Colorado for goats in 4 years. Now, I had a fair amount of math in college, but when I see that the maximum amount of points are held by people who didn't draw, the mathematical probability that this guy (who has a TV show in CO), managed to hit the lottery not once, but TWICE in 4 years is astounding! I think he should be playing the Powerball with that luck! :hump:

Was one a ewe license? Special raffle/draw?

I know he has not had an auction or raffle license. If it was his second goat hunt in 4 years, he was not successful his first time. There is a 5 year wait before reapplying if you are successful.

There are very good odds for some nanny and archery licenses in the state, and he is a resident.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back