Colorado Motor Vehicle Usage

Knot Tellin

Where is the best place to find information on motor vehicle usage for back country roads in Colorado. I want up to date information on what roads are closed. I would like to make sure I don't hike 5 miles just to run into some one that walk 200 yard off and open access road. Thanks

Many of the USFS travel maps are fee for download and to use on your phone. I've used them in both AZ and MT. Works pretty slick as the app allows you to see where you are on the map.

I'll second Oak's links. USFS is good about having the latest travel maps available online. BLM...it's a bit of a hunt to find what you need. Your best bet is to stop a the local BLM office to get the latest travel management maps on where you intend to go. I don't know where you're headed, but there is a bit of a squabble ongoing with the BLM in western CO right now about what they can/can't close. Holler if you want more detail. And with either agency, it's incumbent upon you to know where you can and can't be with a motor. Signs don't last long.

Last edited:
Back