PEAX Equipment

Colorado late season??

sigpros

Is it to late to put togther a late season elk hunt this year? My grandpa is wanting to go if we can get a trip set up. I have never hunted the late season and it has been years since I have been out to colorado. Is there anyway to get a cow tag? We used to hunt around Salida. But I am open to places to go. Would love to get my grandpa on a bull. He has never killed one. He would be beside himself if he shot a 4 pointer. Thanks for any help on my trip.

There are a few 4th season leftovers still available, but I would guess there still there for a reason! Your best bet would be 3rd season OTC, look on the DOW web site for recommended areas.

The are a handful of 3rd season cow tags for GMU 82 just over Poncha Pass not too far from Salida

Ya I know kinda late to get it going. But my grandpa had 2 new knees put in because he wanted to go to the mountains one more time. He has never shot an elk but has went a bunch of times. Just awalys had the wrong people with him thinking the elk were 200 yards from the road. I want to go at least one more time with him. I don't care if I get one but would like to shoot a big cow if I got the chance because I like to eat them! And I know where Ponca pass is have been over it alot. I will look at that thanks. Any tips for late season? Never have went that late before. Thanks

Back