MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado increase in buck tags ?

I was in need of a belt the other day and found a company whose motto was, "THEY'LL FIGHT OVER IT WHEN YOU ARE DEAD!" I wanted that belt immediately.

If you want to hang your hat on "WE SUCK LESS THAN THEY DO" Ok but it doesn't have quite the same pizzazz, now does it???

The numbers are hocus pocus at best, "hey it's not like we run them through a cattle chute out there" Very true statement by an area mgr years ago in a meeting.

If you read my two anecdotes above there are two explanations, stupidity or deceit, you decide which you think it is.

But I gotta go, I have polished this bar stool with my ass enough for today

If the State says a good ratio is 20:100, then lets managage for that. I got caught up in the trophy hunting fad for 10+ years and got to where deer hunting was no longer fun, just another competition. Now that my teenage son hunts with me, we just go deer hunting and dont care if we don't see X amount of 185" or bigger bucks. If the State wants to keep a handful of GMU's severlly limited for a older age class, go for it, but lets manage the rest of the state for folks that just enjoy deer hunting.

Looks like my applied unit and season had 60 additional buck tags added this year. I guess that is a good thing ,must be more bucks to hunt in the unit.Now if I can find one.

It's amazing we have any deer left in the state given the doom and gloom from the barstool biologists. Yet preference point creep continues to grow as demand to hunt our poorly managed deer herds increases.

Maybe he slept at a Holiday Inn last night? I prefer to get my info from internet biologists, they are much more forthcoming with validated info.

Get more of those pesky high point holders out of the way. This is supposed to be "THE" year to have a late season buck tag due to season dates. I'll take my chances in a year or two. :D

Back