Colorado GMU80/81 Elk Hunt Partner 2020

The issue with these forums is that everyone thinks everyone else is out to get their "secret" hunting spot that they are not willing to just provide "basic" information. Then have to make snide comments or suggestions that are not realistic for some. So yeah, I get an attitude. I asked 2 different things in my posts. 1- was the one forest road off hwy 15 coming from Capulin the best entrance to the NF in 81. 2- had the area off Willow Creek access rd in 80 been hit by fire. I couldn't remember. Where in those 2 questions was anything mentioned about hot spots to hunt? Basic questions. I could see I was asking specific questions reference a specific area i.e. where do elk travel waterholes draws etc.
I am not worried about you finding any places that I hunt. Those two units are absolutely overrun with hunters (who are overwhelmingly NRs, check the data) and very poor quality hunts. When I am unable to hunt other units in CO, I grudgingly go here as a fourth or fifth choice because it is in my backyard.

I was trying to do you a favor by letting you know there are better ways to reach out to people about the information you are seeking. Good luck with the approach you have taken.

I am not worried about you finding any places that I hunt. Those two units are absolutely overrun with hunters (who are overwhelmingly NRs, check the data) and very poor quality hunts. When I am unable to hunt other units in CO, I grudgingly go here as a fourth or fifth choice because it is in my backyard.

I was trying to do you a favor by letting you know there are better ways to reach out to people about the information you are seeking. Good luck with the approach you have taken.
Thank you for the advice. My approach has resulted in one person that was very kind to offer me a particular website in all of my research I never knew existed. It gives me a range of information that will help me in planning my hunt. Nothing specific about anyone's honey hole but common knowledge that apparently not common to everyone (me). LOL

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back