Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado GMU 60 Muzzleloader Elk

Main Beam

I found out a day or two ago that I drew a Colorado GMU 60 muzzleloader elk tag. I'm trying to build points for elk in Colorado, so this hunt was a second choice on my application. I've never hunted the unit, which is relatively small geographically, and I've heard that very few bulls move down to the unit from the higher elevation areas in Utah until later in the year.

I'm hoping someone with experience with this unit during the muzzleloader season can provide some insight about odds of actually finding bulls in the unit during this time of year, general areas to focus on or avoid, etc. I've been doing some e-scouting and hope to spend some time scouting in the unit in late summer.

elkkill2006,

I received your PM this time. Thanks for the info and insights - I appreciate your help!

Good luck to you on your hunts this year!

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I used to live on the western side of the state, and from what I gathered the elk are residents of the LaSal Mtns in Utah. I’d listen to elkkill06, he knows that country well. Good luck, and maybe you should look at the NDISMapit program for summer concentration areas. Preston

Good luck with your muzzleloader hunt coming up. My wife and I are making our first trip out West this year and are planning on trying unit 60 2nd rifle. She’s tired of waiting and is dead set on getting herself an elk. Hopefully this blind squirrel will find a nut. Let us know how it goes for you.

I was just wondering how this hunt went for you? It looks like a difficult/fun place for a muzzleloader hunt. I have been searching for a unit to hunt muzzleloader deer on this coming season, and this is one of the units I have looked at.

I found out a day or two ago that I drew a Colorado GMU 60 muzzleloader elk tag. I'm trying to build points for elk in Colorado, so this hunt was a second choice on my application. I've never hunted the unit, which is relatively small geographically, and I've heard that very few bulls move down to the unit from the higher elevation areas in Utah until later in the year.

I'm hoping someone with experience with this unit during the muzzleloader season can provide some insight about odds of actually finding bulls in the unit during this time of year, general areas to focus on or avoid, etc. I've been doing some e-scouting and hope to spend some time scouting in the unit in late summer.

Hey there Main Beam. The area I usually hunt is on fire right now without access.... There's a leftover Unit 60 Muzzeloader tag for elk and I'm curious, how'd the hunt go? You can call/text me at 720-625-2905 if you'd prefer. Thank you much!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back