Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado GMU 31

buckdown31

I am heading out to CO for an OTC archery elk hunt in September. I have been doing a lot of research on unit 31, and it seems to have some pretty good country with decent opportunity. I have been specifically looking in the area NW of De Beque around Kimball Creek. The country definitely looks to me like it would hold elk, but from what I am seeing accessing the BLM land looks pretty tricky with all the private around.

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the area who would be willing to share some insight on the best ways, if any, to access this area. I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes or coordinates or anything like that. This is a DIY trip, and I intend on finding the spots on my own. Any information would be much appreciated.

If anyone has any suggestions of other areas to look, that would be great too. I am not looking for a giant, I am just looking for some good encounters and a chance to take a legal bull.

Almost all of that private is the high lonesome ranch. Accessing the public lands in that area is extremely difficult without trespassing due to the private ranch parcels and topography. Those ridges go straight up and down, and cliff out in a lot of places. Study the topography carefully.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back