Colorado FDR 265/Buzzard Drive Road access off 133?

bdubb78

Question for the group since I can't get anyone to pick up at the USF offices in Gunnison or the CPW offices...

This will be my first time hunting CO, and I am curious if my hunting plan is even possible due to potential road access issues. Is Buzzard Drive Road/Co. Rd 265/FDR 265 a publicly accessible road? It originates off of Hwy 133 and extends all throughout the USFS lands, but I am unclear if it is gated off of 133 because it is on private at that point. It would seem it must be open, as there is no other way to get to the USFS road system unless you are allowed to pass through the private land to access most of the unit (521/421). Any clarifications on what roads are accessible and which I can expect to be gated will be most helpful. I am currently in MI, so I am trying to get as much of this figured out as possible to make the most of my 5 day season when I hit the ground. Thanks.

Buzzard divide road is open, no locked gates that I know of. Find the mvum for the forest, it will help you id roads and access issues like gates.

Thanks so much, marksjeep. I was unaware these even existed. I'm still working on that learning curve as a non-resident hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back