Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

COLORADO - Due April 3, 2012

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just want to make sure all of you know of the upcoming Colorado Deadline. Colorado is probably my favorite western state to hunt as a non-resident.

APPLY EARLY AND DON'T MISS THE DEADLINE. - There, now I can say your were fully warned. If that doesn't remind you, hopefully the banner ads we posted this week will remind you. They will be running until the deadline date of April 3rd.

I know you Colorado guys will hate me for promoting this, but you guys have the best mix of public land and non-resident opportunity of any state out there. And you are ahead of any other western state by a large margin when it comes to being friendly to non-residents.

And no state does a better job of trying to inform everyone of the resources that are available.

Here is a link to the 2012 Colorado Big Game Regulations

Here is a link to the best web resource I have found about elk hunting, specifically Colorado Elk Hunting. They call it Elk Hunting University.

No state has the map resources that Colorado has. This is developed by Colorado State University. Too bad other states don't have this level of information. If you are planning a Colorado hunt, go to this link for the Colorado Hunting Atlas.

If you have questions, Colorado is the only state I know that has a bunch of experienced hunters standing by to answer your questions over the phone. The call center is staffed with "Hunt Planners" who can answer most any question related to Colorado hunting. Feel free to call them at: 303-297-1992.

When you apply, make sure your contact information is updated. Last year CO contacted over 15,000 applicants who made errors in their applications. If your information is not current, they cannot contact you.

Speaking of errors, the best way to prevent errors is to apply online. Pretty hard to mess that up.

Here is the link to apply online. Colorado Online License Applications

Best of luck. See you there in November.

If you want to see a Colorado OTC elk hunt, go to the Video tab on our site and watch Season 3, Episode 4. No matter how many times I watch that episode, the aspen tree my brother shoots does not move into his shooting land as he claims.

Here is a link to the Live Hunt thread where we went back and filmed again for Season 4. Too much fun to not come back for Season 5 - http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=248638

Guarantee you there was at least one B&C buck somewhere in this photo. Go find him and shoot him this year.
IMG_1290.JPG

Always

I remember the Colorado deadline better than my own birthday!!

I wouldn't bother applying, the snow is piling up as we speak. Huge winter kill ahead.

Maybe they can still make it down to the feed...;)
SnowDeer.jpg

The deadline is actually Apr 6. Always had my best luck waiting until the last minute to apply. I suggest it to everyone

Warning - For those who don't speak "Colorado" hunting jargon, you might want to fact check all the "helpful" comments from the CO pranksters.

...and the units in the 100's are a lock for big bulls, right?

I think I've got my app figured out, just hoping for a little luck in the draw.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back