Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado Draw Results

No joy this time around for deer. Still have a glint of hope with the leftover draw, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll still get an OTC bull tag and spend a week chasing bulls come second season!

blacksheep

I drew a 2nd season deer tag. Units 35, 36, 361, and 45. This will be my first trip to Colorado for mule deer and my first solo western trip.

I put in for a point for elk, it says unsuccessful, but I did not get another point? Is this normal? Is there a delay?

I noticed my deer and elk points have now been increased by 1. Still no movement on Pronghorn or Moose (I know I didn't draw either based on the recaps, but I havent gotten an email. I've gotten both Elk and Deer emails).

So - it's an interesting IT workflow CPW has going [eyeroll]...but seems to be playing out 'as expected' even though it's choppy.

What's funny to me is one of the recaps had a date of 5/14. I'm sure there is alot of behind the scenes efforts that goes into these though.

My 15 y/o daughter drew a 2nd rifle in NW Colorado, same unit as my oldest drew last year. Oldest daughter and I drew local tags, hers rifle mine archery.

andlan17, bring chains.

cedahm, I'd imagine that the back and forth between CPW and the Contract company is still a work in progress.

Well I have drawn a tag for my back up unit every time with 0 points. Not this year....I always have plans C, D, and E but never had to use them. Problem is this was going to be my 14 year old daughters first elk hunt. Got some thinking to do! She is pretty bummed but I think I can figure something out. If you all have any ideas throw them my way please.

There's always OTC tags.

What's funny to me is one of the recaps had a date of 5/14. I'm sure there is alot of behind the scenes efforts that goes into these though.

Yeah - I know there's effort, but it's interesting to look at the process as a consumer.

Elk = First email to go out, but draw recap still not available
Deer = Draw report dated 5/14, 2nd email to go out
Moose = Draw report date 5/4, still no email
Pronghorn = Draw report date 5/24, still no email

I could read all kinds of stuff into that process, but it would just be conjecture. So far, my apps are playing out as expected, results are being reflected accurately, and I haven't had to wait for 6 refund checks to physically arrive, so I'm calling it a minor improvement.

Hopefully the Customer Service barrage via phone/email has taught them some lessons for next year (e.g. Don't put in a backdoor of any kind - the stealth draw result reports and the pre-announcement credit card hits - they probably have more control over the former than the latter).

My 15 y/o daughter drew a 2nd rifle in NW Colorado, same unit as my oldest drew last year.

Sweet! Good luck to her (and Dad)!

cedahm, I'd imagine that the back and forth between CPW and the Contract company is still a work in progress.

'work in progress' is probably a gentle euphemism for what's taking place :)

Hopefully the Customer Service barrage via phone/email has taught them some lessons for next year (e.g. Don't put in a backdoor of any kind - the stealth draw result reports and the pre-announcement credit card hits - they probably have more control over the former than the latter).

$50 says that the elk draw reports are on their server just not shared and that the other reports were unintentionally shared because someone wasn't paying attention when they saved them in their respective folders on the CPAW server.

$50 says that the elk draw reports are on their server just not shared and that the other reports were unintentionally shared because someone wasn't paying attention when they saved them in their respective folders on the CPAW server.

you can "backdoor" the deer recap for 2018, but I haven't found elk in the same fashion.

you can "backdoor" the deer recap for 2018, but I haven't found elk in the same fashion.

Looks like gohunt published the "backdoor" method... and wouldn't you know it couple of hours later and all the results were taken down.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back