Colorado cow moose unit 7-8-191

coueshunter

Howdy, someone turned in their cow tag and I was offered it from Fish & Wildlife. I have 1st rifle cow. I live in Arizona so won't have an extended time to scout.
Anybody have info where to start looking?
Thanks!

Last edited:
You got my tag! I hope you find a cow. That's a great time to be in the mountains. Please post some photos here if you are able to punch a tag.

Good number of moose on the Wyoming side, not in every drainage but good numbers. They move back and forth . 191 probably right not so many, 7 and 8 you should find one.
Might find a cabin to stay in on USFS, Wyoming side or private at Wycolo.

I did just a little research and looked like 191 had the highest success. Tough to decide between 3 different units on which maps to buy etc.

Of those 3 I would probably pick 8. We have a cabin in that area and hunt it every year and see a LOT of cow moose up and down that unit. If you narrow down a unit I could throw some spots your way to help with looking.

Good morning, 8 it is. 2nd recommendation for that unit. I'll get some maps coming. Just realized opening day is less than 2 months! I need to tune up the 375 H&H to play a nice tune for that cow!
Thank you!

Of those 3 I would probably pick 8. We have a cabin in that area and hunt it every year and see a LOT of cow moose up and down that unit. If you narrow down a unit I could throw some spots your way to help with looking.

Hi, I spoke with the game warden and 8 seems like a good place to start. I would appreciate any info. Thanks so much!

Hi Ajax, yes 8 it is. Just picked up a map of 7/8 and info would be much appreciated. Thank you!

There was some low elevation habitat in all the units available, but it was listed as wildfire refund tag.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back