Colorado apps?

I don't think 2021 is posted yet, but I haven't seen them vary much from year to year so a comparison to 2020 application dates may be pretty close.

I cant find the dates on Colorados website for application period. Can someone help me out?
Since you need to buy a basic license for the 2021 "year" that extends thru 3/31 those forms need to be available first, these are usually available 3/1, just be sure you get it in before the April 6 (i am 90% sure this is the cutoff day).

Pretty sure the deadline is April 6th but it's just not official yet. Lol at the people with the sarcastic answers, I ain't scared of more hunters in the woods

Pretty sure the deadline is April 6th but it's just not official yet. Lol at the people with the sarcastic answers, I ain't scared of more hunters in the woods
You say that until you can't find parking spots. The area I hunt was jammed this year!

I understand it is public land and we all have rights to use it and I welcome the tourism dollars, so I put up with it.

You say that until you can't find parking spots. The area I hunt was jammed this year!

I understand it is public land and we all have rights to use it and I welcome the tourism dollars, so I put up with it.
I hunted a unit last year that takes zero points to draw, basically OTC since there were so many left over tags and finding parking was not an issue. But I don't go the the most obvious access points.

I hunted a unit last year that takes zero points to draw, basically OTC since there were so many left over tags and finding parking was not an issue. But I don't go the the most obvious access points.
sounds like we may have hunted same Tag(group of GMU's) :) area i parked in was jam packed with Wall tents and horse trailers.
funny enough i drove separate from my hunting partner, so we had 2 cars there.
were able to park with enough space between our cars and trailers on either side, i'd even say i could have pitched my 1p tent between our 2 cars.
on last day as we finished packing out (we only parked there and backpacked in) and were packing up cars to leave, one of the groups that we parked next to showed up.
dudes walked their horses and then made a point to let us know they were upset with us being parked too close to them!!. they dindt like the fact that they had to walk their horses around other side of the trailer *(although there was enough space between our cars and their trailer for horse to walk by - while a little tight, it was doable) other side of their trailer had alot more space as people next to them had their big tent there.
Did they really expect 2 cars not park in an area that was big enough to probably fit even a 3rd vehicle if we parked tighter, simply because they want 10ft of space on either side of their trailer? **i'll also point out that they were gone whole time. i arrived 1 day in advance of the season opener to ensure i can scout, and we left on last (5thday) of 1st rifle. they were out in their remote horse camp whole time. i simply offered to move the car that last day as by that point many people had left.
at a NTNL Forest public camp/trailhead, in what is known as the busiest GMU group (this particular unit alone i think may be THE BUSIEST) didnt want anyone's car too close to them :)

There were 1,400 leftovers after the draw for my unit(s) 1st rifle, and not one was available two weeks out. 1,400 to zero. After that unsuccessful hunt I picked up another tag for 3rd season in a different unit and those went from 170 to 0.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back