Colorado 2nd Draw?

Do they post anywhere final numbers of tags sold by hunt code? That is, final number of tags after secondary draw, leftover runs, etc.

There’s only a handful of cow tags available in the unit I have experience in, want to make sure a bull tag would be a good back up since I’d rather have a cow tag. There are over 1000 bull tags leftover which is reassuring but never can be too careful...
Why are you more interested in a cow tag for those units and trying to get bull tags as backup?

points back or money back

you have the option when you turn in a tag drawn with points

edit: sorry you're right, you mean you don't get a new point that year
If you don’t update your form of payment before the deadline you would still retain your points and not lose any money either, correct?

Then your not faced with a decision to forfeit points or money.

This is not true you don’t gain a point if you turn your tag back so if you did this every year you would eventually fall behind in points and not draw it again the following year. In the top units this could happen after one year.
It’s accurate, look at the stats EE010O1A took 22 pts to be 100% and there are folks with 35 points, they could do it for a decade. Best unit in the state drew at 32 pts, someone could pull that tag 3 times and return it.

Its also rampant, I kept track of returns of several units in 2019, 43E1R for instance had ~75% of the tags returned and reissued, the way the dates are for the early season you could scout pretty damn close to opening day and still get your points back.

If you don’t update your form of payment before the deadline you would still retain your points and not lose any money either, correct?

hmmm, never thought about that.

yet another hack. i assume yeah you get your pre draw point level back and also keep your money minus app fee but miss out on adding a point this year

no your points get purged if you draw 1st choice, even if you don't pay

It’s in the recap report. I did a little assuming based on 1k bull tags left. There was 2500 cow tags for the same season.View attachment 185937
Yeah I saw that but that is the stats after the primary draw. I'm interested in the number of tags sold per hunt code when all is said and done, meaning after the secondary/leftover draws, etc

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that but that is the stats after the primary draw. I'm interested in the number of tags sold per unit when all is said and done, meaning after the secondary/leftover draws, etc
I guess I’m misunderstanding what you’re asking then. The quota is 5k, 3746 drew the bull tag in the primary draw. The quota for the cow tag is 2500 all 2500 we’re drawn according the the recap report. I’m guess for the cow tags those are tags that didn’t get paid for or turned back in and the bull tags have a surplus right now.

It would be the first reissue list in August. It's not accessible if you didn't save it when it was posted in previous years.
Do they not go by the quota on the recap report?

I guess I’m misunderstanding what you’re asking then. The quota is 5k, 3746 drew the bull tag in the primary draw. The quota for the cow tag is 2500 all 2500 we’re drawn according the the recap report. I’m guess for the cow tags those are tags that didn’t get paid for or turned back in and the bull tags have a surplus right now.
Think you're right on the cow tags.

My question is, whenever they stop selling tags for a unit (whether that be the day before the season or whenever), how many tags are available still, if any? They don't seem to publish that info as far as I can tell.

Reactions: ZBB
After carefully analizing school schedules and lunch menus of countys i was interested in hunting (no schools had sloppy Joe's and tots during 3rd season, so kids will want to go with their dad on the hunt). I have no hunts i think i can draw during favorable dates with other tags already have, good luck guys!

My question is, whenever they stop selling tags for a unit (whether that be the day before the season or whenever), how many tags are available still, if any? They don't seem to publish that info as far as I can tell.
This info would be on each week's leftover list (whether they were reissue tags or surplus tags would be unknown as they'll be combined)
There's no end-all report, just the weekly list, with the INITIAL leftover list being the most informative

Last edited:

Oh yeah, I totally misunderstood, my bad dude. @nettereo16 is right.

This info would be on each week's leftover list (whether they were reissue tags or surplus tags would be unknown as they'll be combined)
There's no end-all report, just the weekly list
Yes - you'd need to have a copy of the LAST leftover list from 2020 to see how many eventually got sold.

This seems like the Flat Tops tag from the numbers, which I watched last year and I believe they ended up selling all but a couple hundred 1st rifle tags by the end. It's a busy hunt.

Not if you won the draw. If you won and didn't pay for the tag your points are gone.

I feel like they could explain this symbol a bit better than they do? I had to dig into it to figure it out, I looked at the brochure at the first hunt code above the asterisk like it says and doesn't show me anything. I then went to check out the stats to try to make sense of it.

The Unit 4 tags for example, the statistics show that they give 800 total tags for the two season combined. You have to apply for one or the other but they share the quota. 541 drew 2nd season and 259 drew 3rd in the 1st draw. So these two codes in the secondary draw share the 15 total leftover tags. If you wanted the 3rd season tag why would you look at the hunt information for the 2nd season hunt code?

Should read: This hunt code is a part of a group of hunts that share the available license quota.

1623870652785.png
1623870700664.png

1623871151544.png

Back