Colorado 2nd Draw?

Were about to see a record number of youth applications with dads happy they drew tags, wait i mean there children drew tags....
This is a youth tag?

Um, errr my daughter shot it this morning and left for school, so I packed it out for her….

Oh that’s great! Where does she go to school? I have kids that age.

Um Reese Puffer Elementary.

Huh… never heard of that school. Where is it?

errr… Muskegon

???

Michigan.

🤨

Just write the ticket.

This is a youth tag?

Um, errr my daughter shot it this morning and left for school, so I packed it out for her….

Oh that’s great! Where does she go to school? I have kids that age.

Um Reese Puffer Elementary.

Huh… never heard of that school. Where is it?

errr… Muskegon

???

Michigan.

🤨

Just write the ticket.
It’s ok man, it will all get better when they restructure it some day… lmao You probably have a petition out there to have corgis legally classified as children! Look at the positive, if it goes through maybe you can get in on the youth tag pack out game. Just have to get a bark trigger.

Attachments

• 9941FAD9-4BD3-4F0A-A77F-A5597C84FB4A.gif
    9941FAD9-4BD3-4F0A-A77F-A5597C84FB4A.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
They should go back to paying full amount when applying for 1st draw.
I absolutely understand the reasoning behind this, but I don’t think it is the barrier it used to be when you had to fill out a paper application by hand, then mail a paper check that was expediently cashed.

I can get any number of credit cards in the next 5 minutes (with hefty sign up bonuses To boot). in some states you could adjust your statement close date and pay no interest even (NM for one).

If they did this in CO, I think you’d see a huge down-slope in Desert Sheep and a moderate decrease in MSG, but while there might be decreases in apps for everything else - they would be a rounding error if any decrease at all. Broadly speaking, consumers do not use cash and checks any more (I realize there are local differences, but the large majority of the US population don’t even have paper checks any more).

I have tons of options and can do everything I wanted to do. I just need to decide which way I want to go.

see, all is well! I was shocked to see a few tags I’m interested in, but I believe my odds will be “Sheep Tag-esque“ at best and more likely, 10 youth will draw them.

Ooo, the tag I want (just a 1 pointer) has one available. I was excited to have a second shot at it for about two minutes before coming here to find I may be 18 years too old to have a chance.

Little shits can earn it like we have. Jokes** good on Colorado for giving a 2nd chance with the tags. I wanted one bad this year but appears it’s not in the cards.

I just thought of something. With no points used for the 2nd draw. Is it just a random pick? Does the date/time you put in your app matter?

I should know this. I'm guessing it's a random draw.

To my understanding it’s random on the second draw.
I’ll have a shot at my antelope and deer tags I didn’t draw, fingers crossed

Anyone know second draw process? 4 choices (how prioritized), r/nr% etc. , i know youth first, no points but format isnt anywhere i can see. I think is just a free for all?..lol
Wondering the same thing. The one pager they provide has no details as far as this is concerned

Do they post anywhere final numbers of tags sold by hunt code? That is, final number of tags after secondary draw, leftover runs, etc.

There’s only a handful of cow tags available in the unit I have experience in, want to make sure a bull tag would be a good back up since I’d rather have a cow tag. There are over 1000 bull tags leftover which is reassuring but never can be too careful...

Here’s my question can I turn a 2nd draw tag in? I would guess I can. There’s only one set of dates that’ll work with my schedule. If I throw my name in on an elk and deer tag and I happen to draw both (unlikely) can I turn one back in? If I can’t that’s fine I’ll just modify my app strategy.

Here’s my question can I turn a 2nd draw tag in? I would guess I can. There’s only one set of dates that’ll work with my schedule. If I throw my name in on an elk and deer tag and I happen to draw both (unlikely) can I turn one back in? If I can’t that’s fine I’ll just modify my app strategy.
It’s colorado, I imagine you can return a Wyoming tag here.

snark aside, the answer is ‘Yes’ unless you would be exchanging a license you already drew for the one that you want to refund (which isn’t possible in the 2nd draw, but will be during leftover day): https://cpw.state.co.us/refunds

our whole refund process is unconscionably stupid, but hate the game not the player.

See this is why I hate that CO does refunds.

I didn't draw my deer tag, now there are 13 tags on the secondary draw list. 🤦‍♂️
Same thing happened to me. Now I have to pay again to apply.
I hate the fact that not paying for your primary draw tag is even an option to get out of it. If you want to apply, your card should be charged the moment you draw and that sale is final.

I’ll have a shot at my antelope and deer tags I didn’t draw, fingers crossed
If you are over 18 you have a 0% chance. Basically cow and doe tags are all you can actually draw.

If a unit has 2 tags left and 2 kids parents put them in and then 300 other people put in apps the 2 kids will get the tags.

This process makes sense for B tags, kids should have a crack at doe and cow tags before adults get 2 elk or deer tags, but tossing the reissues in with the same rules is f-ing ridiculous.

The tag I applied for has 13, I won’t draw in the secondary, I might have a chance at reissue in august.

This system is so dumb, I will have applied and gotten rejected 2 times for a tag and then finally gotten it all because our system allows people to apply with no risk and/or intention of hunting and even allows them to scout a unit for the summer and still get their points back if they don’t find a big animal.

You can literally draw unit 10 elk every year, scout all summer and if you don’t find a big bull return your tag and do the same thing the next year.

Last edited:

snark aside, the answer is ‘Yes’ unless you would be exchanging a license you already drew for the one that you want to refund (which isn’t possible in the 2nd draw, but will be during leftover day): https://cpw.state.co.us/refunds

our whole refund process is unconscionably stupid, but hate the game not the player.

That's exactly what I figured.

I agree with your last statement. CO sets their rules and I follow them.

So, how exactly is random done? I know youths go first which I don't agree with at all. I got no special treatment when I was a teen and still hunted. So, is the pick done by computer software? Names in a hat. :)

Buddy gets 1st pick? I don't trust the DOW. They just want to grab as many $7.00-$9.00 fees as they can.

Do they post anywhere final numbers of tags sold by hunt code? That is, final number of tags after secondary draw, leftover runs, etc.

There’s only a handful of cow tags available in the unit I have experience in, want to make sure a bull tag would be a good back up since I’d rather have a cow tag. There are over 1000 bull tags leftover which is reassuring but never can be too careful...
It’s in the recap report. I did a little assuming based on 1k bull tags left. There was 2500 cow tags for the same season.1074E9EC-2442-49EE-9A48-E7E77B1989F0.png

If you are over 18 you have a 0% chance. Basically cow and doe tags are all you can actually draw.

If a unit has 2 tags left and 2 kids parents put them in and then 300 other people put in apps the 2 kids will get the tags.

This process makes sense for B tags, kids should have a crack at doe and cow tags before adults get 2 elk or deer tags, but tossing the reissues in with the same rules is f-ing ridiculous.

The tag I applied for has 13, I won’t draw in the secondary, I might have a chance at reissue in august.

This system is so dumb, I will have applied and gotten rejected 2 times for a tag and then finally gotten it all because our system allows people to apply with no risk and/or intention of hunting and even allows them to scout a unit for the summer and still get their points back if they don’t find a big animal.

You can literally draw unit 10 elk every year, scout all summer and if you don’t find a big bull return your tag and do the same thing the next year.
This is not true you don’t gain a point if you turn your tag back so if you did this every year you would eventually fall behind in points and not draw it again the following year. In the top units this could happen after one year.

This is not true you don’t gain a point if you turn your tag back so if you did this every year you would eventually fall behind in points and not draw it again the following year. In the top units this could happen after one year.

points back or money back

you have the option when you turn in a tag drawn with points

edit: sorry you're right, you mean you don't get a new point that year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back