Colorado 1st Season

Glassed up our first legal bull yesterday ~2500 yards away. He was visible for about 2 min before someone else a lot closer let him have it. Looked as though they may have missed. Just finding hunters everywhere we go. Is over crowding typical for western Colorado?

Glassed up our first legal bull yesterday ~2500 yards away. He was visible for about 2 min before someone else a lot closer let him have it. Looked as though they may have missed. Just finding hunters everywhere we go. Is over crowding typical for western Colorado?
Yes it is. The orange army.

Everybody comes to Colorado to hunt and then complain it's too crowded. How would you like to live here and not be able to hunt your own unit because you can't get a tag?

I won't go to your state if you don't come to mine.

Everybody comes to Colorado to hunt and then complain it's too crowded. How would you like to live here and not be able to hunt your own unit because you can't get a tag?

I won't go to your state if you don't come to mine.
LMAO, CPW would never let that happen. My unit was surprisingly quiet this year.

I paid as a NR for two decades. I've paid my share. I don't really care what I have to pay. I just want to hunt my unit every year. Too old to camp now, so I have to stay close. Plus, i've hunted my unit for so long I know it well.

Finally found some elk last day evening,,4 and a bull, but not a shot opertunity,,tag soup for me,,$661 nr a little rough,, even with alot of pepper,,lol

Dad and I had a good week of hunting. I ended up seeing 2 bulls the day I shot mine and 1 spike with my Dad the next day. I got my biggest bull so far and it was nice not having to carry this one out on my back! Good Luck everyone on the next seasons.

Attachments

• DSC_0274.jpg
    DSC_0274.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0299.jpg
    DSC_0299.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear