Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Colo sheep/goat this week

As a consolation of not drawing a tag, I am happy to see several members get lucky today. I am sure it will make some good forum content this fall.

Looking forward to the draw recaps coming out in a few weeks. I’m not bitter about it but I am very curious what percentage of the sheep and goat tags went to folks with 3+0 points.

No tags for the wife and I. Definitely looking forward to how the 3+0 group applied for tags.

It will be interesting to see how few of the new applicants will pay the $100 for a weighted point vs choosing to sit at 3+0.

I see what you meant. Don’t worry Idaho and Wyoming have a few grand from me right now because of my sheep applications
All good. Hopefully you were too smart to send WY 4 grand for bison app. I was not....

Tomorrow i hope to learn NM wants to keep all of my 8 grand, one tag at least would be nice.

Hope you take time to share scouting and hunting story and pics. Join Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society and we will publish your hun t story if you submit.

All good. Hopefully you were too smart to send WY 4 grand for bison app. I was not....

Tomorrow i hope to learn NM wants to keep all of my 8 grand, one tag at least would be nice.

Hope you take time to share scouting and hunting story and pics. Join Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society and we will publish your hun t story if you submit.
I was not smart in wyoming either

Another empty sheep and goat year for my family. My friend's nephew drew a G7 late goat tag. If I am really nice, maybe I can tag along and wash camp dishes and glass...

Getting nerdy...

It takes a minimum of 3+0 points to draw a ram or goat tag in CO. These numbers exclude applicants with less than 3+0 points and exclude applicants that applied for a point only.

Rams:
11,572 applicants had 3+0 or more points. Of those, 2,532 applicants, or 21.9%, had exactly 3+0 points. 12 ram tags, or 5.4%, were drawn by these applicants with 3+0 points.

Goats:
7,780 applicants had 3+0 or more points. Of those, 2,390 applicants, or 30.7%, had exactly 3+0 points. 17 goat tags, or 7.4%, were drawn by these applicants with 3+0 points.

I'd also like to say a special thank you to the 41 sheep applicants and 16 goat applicants that applied for hunt codes with a quota of zero due to guaranteed tags going to 2020 tagholders in fire closure units. Undeterred by those highlighted sections of the regulations booklet telling you the quota was zero, you pushed forward, probably just applying for whatever you applied for last year. I still didn't draw my tags this year, but I appreciate the effort you put into increasing my draw odds!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back