Caribou Gear Tarp

College Football šŸˆ Season is Here !!

@TN2shot07 i DVR the game but donā€™t think Iā€™ll watch it , I was following along on my phone last night

Montana State is in the playoffs today against N Dakota St , Iā€™ll be watching that game today, hopefully theyā€™ll get the victory to salvage my football weekend
I feel your pain, Iā€™m pulling for Bama and even if they win today Iā€™m afraid theyā€™re screwed with WA winning

I feel your pain, Iā€™m pulling for Bama and even if they win today Iā€™m afraid theyā€™re screwed with WA winning

Not necessarily, Washington and Michigan are in , if Bama ends Georgiaā€™s 29 or 30 game win streak today how can they not be the number 4 seed in the playoffs as SEC Champs

If Louisville beats Florida St , the Texas outcome shouldnā€™t matterā€¦
But if FSU and Texas win ā€¦. Along with Bama does the committee dare leave out an undefeated ACC champ to put in the one loss SEC champ , the SEC being left out has never happened

Meanwhile back at the office of NCAA Playoff committee
tmp.gif

Not necessarily, Washington and Michigan are in , if Bama ends Georgiaā€™s 29 or 30 game win streak today how can they not be the number 4 seed in the playoffs as SEC Champs

If Louisville beats Florida St , the Texas outcome shouldnā€™t matterā€¦
But if FSU and Texas win ā€¦. Along with Bama does the committee dare leave out an undefeated ACC champ to put in the one loss SEC champ , the SEC being left out has never happened

Meanwhile back at the office of NCAA Playoff committee
View attachment 304352
Never been a Cardinal fan, until today!

If FSU, Texas & Bama win it puts the committee in a pickle

I really don't think it's complicated (yet)....

Already in: Washington

In if they win: Georgia, Michigan, FSU

Also in if they win: Alabama--The big question is who they knock out. If there are three undefeated conference champs, then it has to be Georgia. If FSU or Michigan also loses, then the Bulldogs are right back in as the top 1-loss team.

Lurking for scraps (multiple upsets): Ohio State, Texas

See, it's not complicated, until it is.

QQ

For another way of looking at it, I plotted out all the permutations of the four Power 5 conference championship games being played today. Of the 16 possible outcomes, here is the number that gets each team into the playoff (in my simple estimation):

Washington 16
Georgia 14
Michigan 9
FSU 8
Alabama 8
Ohio State 5
Texas 4

QQ

I really don't think it's complicated (yet)....

Already in: Washington

In if they win: Georgia, Michigan, FSU

Also in if they win: Alabama--The big question is who they knock out. If there are three undefeated conference champs, then it has to be Georgia. If FSU or Michigan also loses, then the Bulldogs are right back in as the top 1-loss team.

Lurking for scraps (multiple upsets): Ohio State, Texas

See, it's not complicated, until it is.

QQ
Thatā€™s a strong assumption that they would put in Bama over Texas with their head to head win.

Without some absolute craziness I think Ohio is already out

Thatā€™s a strong assumption that they would put in Bama over Texas with their head to head win.

Without some absolute craziness I think Ohio is already out

I think a one-loss SEC conference champion Alabama who beats Georgia today gets in ahead of a one-loss Big 12 conference champion Texas who beats Oklahoma State today, but it's a fair question. Do you think a one-loss runner-up Georgia falls below Texas if Texas wins?

QQ

Texas making a farewell statement to the Big12 with some amazing offense. The ā€œHateful8ā€ are not happy with them winning as they waltz out of the door to join the SEC.

Since my analysis is worth what you're paying for it, I'm going to try to make a little more profit. :rolleyes:

With 8 possible outcomes left, those numbers now look like:

Washington 8/8
Georgia 7/8
Alabama 4/8
Michigan 4/8
FSU 4/8
Texas 4/8
Ohio State 1/8

However, I adjusted for a couple of head-to-head results, and it looks like:

Washington 8/8
Texas 6/8
Georgia 5/8
Michigan 5/8
FSU 4/8
Alabama 4/8

Texas can get in several ways, but it will need an upset. Everyone else is win and in.

QQ

Since my analysis is worth what you're paying for it, I'm going to try to make a little more profit. :rolleyes:

Washington 8/8
Georgia 7/8
Alabama 4/8
Michigan 4/8
FSU 4/8
Texas 4/8
Ohio State 1/8

Washington 8/8
Texas 6/8
Georgia 5/8
Michigan 5/8
FSU 4/8
Alabama 4/8

Texas can get in several ways, but it will need an upset. Everyone else is win and in.

QQ
Fair assessments.

Washington 8/8
Georgia 7/8
Alabama 4/8
Michigan 4/8
FSU 4/8
Texas 4/8
Ohio State 1/8

Washington 8/8
Texas 6/8
Georgia 5/8
Michigan 5/8
FSU 4/8
Alabama 4/8

QQ
This is the kind of stuff I love to see since Nate Silver took his playoff predictor with him when ABC/538 let him go. ESPNā€™s Allstate Playoff predictor stinks.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back