Coleman lanterns and stoves

bwcatripper

It's about that time folks, MN walleye fishing opener is 170 hours away, and preparations are underway to ensure that the equipment is still working. I pulled out the coleman dual fuel stove and the coleman dual fuel lantern, and it got me wondering, who(other than me) still uses the old school coleman gear?

This guy! it doesn't get much better than a Dutch oven on a Coleman stove deep frying walleye and potatoes in the yellow glow of the lantern. I should get mine out and oil the pressure gaskets!

Every year. Still.
Mine are as old,but work fine.
Now the fuel cost is stupid. $16 a gal. @ Wally rippoff...........jeez,for white gas.
I used to buy it anywhere for $ .49 cents a gal...

I love my coleman lantern and stove. We use them both every time that we are camping near the truck. There's just something about cooking breakfast on a 2 burner coleman stove. Reminds me of the good ole days. My 5 yr old son thinks it's the coolest thing in the world.

I have a couple lanterns that I still use from time to time. The are pretty old but still work great. Just gotta be careful buying Coleman fuel and Pseudoephedrine products at the same time now��

Mine have been there for me through 8 hurricanes (4 in 6 weeks), saved the day at my girlfriends, when a drunk driver slammed the transformer leading into her townhouse complex, and hotted innumerable pots of coffee, dating back to when I was working in AZ (early 1980's), burnt a thousand pancakes, and been a backup tent heat source.

We won't talk about the predawn tent burn down episode in '72.......

The lantern mantles are a pain to get right, but 'Pain vs Works everytime". Works wins every time !

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back