Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Cold feet

the best I have ever worn, any polar rated boot from Baffin will work. For me personally these are the warmest boots available, and I have tried them all including the bunny boots, N-1B canvas mukluks, arctic mucks, boot blankets over hunting boots, Cabela's pack boots, heated insoles and just about every other option out there. Yes, they are very bulky but I have walked 1/2 mile in them to blind with no problems & I don't recommend driving in them. Have wore them down to -32f air temp & -70f windchill with no problems.

Cold feet? It's probably just nerves. Go ahead and go through with the wedding then get plastered at the reception. It'll be fine.

Does anyone got and tips or gear that they use to keep their feet warm? I live in ND and I love late season bow hunting. These past 2 weeks have been pretty cold and my feet can't take it anymore. This would mainly be for still hunting from my blind.

What I currently use is my muck artic pro boots, I think they are a bit warmer than my 2,000 gram cabela's pack boot. I have a lot of different weight of kenetrek socks, I've tried just using one pair, I've used the liner plus the heavy sock. I finally went to 3 pairs this last week while hunting. I also have the thermacel heated insoles. I strongly dislike them. I had them in Monday as I snowshoed out to my blind, they are so rock hard and uncomfortable I almost stopped mid way to take them out. I did take them out once I got in my blind.

I'm not opposed to getting new boots was curious to what others use when it's really cold out.

Thanks in advance!
Be sure your feet/boots are not sitting or standing on rock, water, open air, bare aluminim tree stand is the biggy around here. When it gets cold feet cold I'll put down wood on the plat form of tree stands. Carry insulated set cushion to stand on or put my feet on if I'm sitting. When they STILL get cold I'll bring something to wrap 'em up while sitting or standing still, blanket, extra jacket, even just an extra flannel shirt around your feet can make a huge difference.

I BET you get a lot more snow than we do but even with out dustings I've found keeping snow off your feet can make a HUGE difference even through snow boots. I'll use snow shoes even around here once in a while. It is pretty amazing how much LESS boot you need with snow shoes.

Of course I'm just assuming you are already getting GOOD boots, I use LaCross Iceman that I used ice fishing AND GOOD MERINO WOOL SOCKS. A lot of socks put WOOL in great big letters on the package or label. Look at the little bitty fine print. HIGHER percentage wool is worth the extra cost. Less that 50% wool is barely worth any more than any other "thermal" sock. Lucky for me I caught some on a sale at Bass Pro at least 10 years ago and thought I'd try them out. One time out in the cold and I was sold. I started buying some every time I saw them. Finally when I had a couple drawers full of 90% Merrino wool socks my wife started tossing a fit. Now she looks at the cost of those 20% wool they hype any more and says "We should have bought more of those back when you could get them." At least that is what I hear.

They wear for ever. I haven't even opened MOST of them and have yet to have a pair even slightly look worn. 90 -100% Merino wool socks is one place where you really do get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back