Cold feet

Jamen

Does anyone got and tips or gear that they use to keep their feet warm? I live in ND and I love late season bow hunting. These past 2 weeks have been pretty cold and my feet can't take it anymore. This would mainly be for still hunting from my blind.

What I currently use is my muck artic pro boots, I think they are a bit warmer than my 2,000 gram cabela's pack boot. I have a lot of different weight of kenetrek socks, I've tried just using one pair, I've used the liner plus the heavy sock. I finally went to 3 pairs this last week while hunting. I also have the thermacel heated insoles. I strongly dislike them. I had them in Monday as I snowshoed out to my blind, they are so rock hard and uncomfortable I almost stopped mid way to take them out. I did take them out once I got in my blind.

I'm not opposed to getting new boots was curious to what others use when it's really cold out.

Thanks in advance!

I try to not over sock, I do keep an extra pair in my pack incase they do get wet. I will have to look into boot blankets and those socks!

Thanks!

I've used boot blankets. They work pretty good with a warmer tucked inside IF your feet are already warm. Once they get cold, it's over. Put them on just as soon as you sit down after walking in. Having room for your feet to have air around them inside your boot also helps. Too tight and the insulation factor is reduced.

If I know Im going to sit long after a long hike. I pull my feet out of my boots to dry off and let my boots air out. I use my mittens to cover and warm my feet before I put them back in. Hope this helps.

You could get a nice pair of down booties to put your feet in when you get to your blind. Add a toe warmer and you should be toasty. They'll at least help dry your feet if they got wet on the hike in.

I've thought about something like this
I’ve been walking around in the snow in their booties for the past few days skamping and they’re pretty awesome.
As long as they hold up they have the potential to receive a “game changer” award.
Way better than frozen boots.

I have a pair of Baffin Eiger boots that I use for ice fishing. They are crazy warm but I wouldn't want to walk long distances in them. Also, you need to size up 2 or 3 sizes cause they run really small. I usually wear a 10.5 or 11 and ended up with a pair in 13 to get them to fit with heavy socks. They are also huge on your feet, but they are really warm. I've been very pleased with them thus far.

A guy I know applies antiperspirant deodorant to his feet before putting on boots.

Carry your heated insoles and put them in at the blind/stand, don’t walk with them in.

I have used boot blankets before with good results.

Too many socks make boots too tight, thus reducing circulation. But, use good socks!

Ive never used a sleeping bag, or a Heater Body Suit type thing, but that holds promise. I’ve read that a bag with nylon on one side and a soft fabric on the other. Put the soft side out & nylon inside so you can slip boots in better.

If in a blind, how about a Coleman Mr. Buddy heater?!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back