Coconut Shrimp

Nemont

we are having a little get together at our house on Friday and was planning the menu. I am cooking up some coconut Shrimp.

Ingredients

25 large shrimp cleaned and deveined
1/2 cup corn starch
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 large bag of fresh coconut
3 teaspoons olive oil

You mix the cornstarch, eggs and milk into a batter. Dip the shrimp into the batter and then coat with coconut. Fry in hot olive oil until they are gold brown and then turn.

Dipping Sauce.

2 cups Coconut milk
1 cup Red curry paste.
2 teaspoons good extra virgin olive oil

Heat up oil and then stir in curry paste. Whisk until smooth and then wisk in coconut milk. Simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickens. Let cool. Make this ahead.

Your guests will love it.

Nemont

Nemont

Coconut shrimp are the heat. I like to make a dipping sauce that includes Captain Morgan's "Parrot Bay" rum in it.

When Elkgunner and I returned to Idaho last year after our SE Alaska hunt, the transporters gave us a box of JUMBO JUMBO shrimp (these puppies were huuuuge). Well, I didn't waste any time butterflying mine up and mixing up a batch of coconut batter. Elkgunner on the other hand still hadn't eaten his the last I checked...he should of given them to me.

Ovis, could you share your dipping sauce recipe? It sounds great. My wife love's coconut shrimp and I didn't know how to make it. I'm going to try it.

I know this sounds strange but give it a whirl...another dip for cnut shrimp is orange marmalade thinned with cnut milk and then add a liberal amount of FRESH (not creamed) horseradish. Gives it a sweet taste with a bit of a pop behind it! Even our kids eat it up....

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back