Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Corn meal mush breakfast

S-3 Ranch

Mix until the lumps are gone and the ingredients are well-blended:

• 4 cups yellow corn meal
  • 1 cup brown sugar (more or less, as desired)
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon (more or less, as desired)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
To prepare as Mush, heat to boiling 4 times as much water as the amount of dry Cold Flour you will use. Stir the dry Cold Flour into the water, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Try to keep the mush just under the boiling point, because it tends to make little volcanoes that spit painful specks of mush onto your hand! When it is cooked, you can add a little butter, lard, or margarine, if desired. (Lard would be more authentic.)

Last edited:
My childhood favorite. Mom used to put the cold mush in a bread pan an let it set up in the fridge. She would slice it into 1/4” thick slabs and fry it in bacon grease until the edges were crispy. Eat it with pancake syrup, bacon and a couple of over medium eggs on the side.🤑🤑🤑
Dang wish I had some fresh scrappel in the fridge 🤤🤤🤤🤤

My childhood favorite. Mom used to put the cold mush in a bread pan a let it set up in the fridge. She would slice it into 1/4” thick slabs and fry it in bacon grease until the edges were crispy. Eat it with pancake syrup, bacon and a couple of over medium eggs on the side.🤑🤑🤑
That’s exactly what we do.

By far one of the easiest most delicious breakfasts out there

Call it "polenta " and you can charge 5x as much!

SLV_infographics_polenta-and-grits_illustration-by-Corinne-Mucha-1-2000-bdc76da77cc34c29ac45824cab548c95.jpg

My childhood favorite. Mom used to put the cold mush in a bread pan an let it set up in the fridge. She would slice it into 1/4” thick slabs and fry it in bacon grease until the edges were crispy. Eat it with pancake syrup, bacon and a couple of over medium eggs on the side.🤑🤑🤑
This is how my grand mom would do it. Awesome childhood memories. I miss her.

I could probably get along with that...basically a transport for syrup and bacon fat :love:

With crispy e
I could probably get along with that...basically a transport for syrup and bacon fat :love:
With crispy edges for crunch and smooth center of ooshy polenta (cornmeal). There’s variations of this with hog meat we called pon hoss or scrapple.
Basically whenever our extend family butchered hogs each fall all the bones went into a huge kettle over a fire. After boiling for several hours all of the bones were picked clean, the meat chopped finely and added back into the broth with cornmeal and graham flour to thicken.

Cornmeal mush was basically the same thing without any meat.

With crispy e
With crispy edges for crunch and smooth center of ooshy polenta (cornmeal). There’s variations of this with hog meat we called pon hoss or scrapple.
Basically whenever our extend family butchered hogs each fall all the bones went into a huge kettle over a fire. After boiling for several hours all of the bones were picked clean, the meat chopped finely and added back into the broth with cornmeal and graham flour to thicken.

Yep Viva Los Scrappel 26E8CBB6-DF24-4B67-8364-F6BC2F456B55.jpeg

With crispy e

You had my attention at Pon Hoss.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back