Coal for heat

jvanderlinde

Hey guys,
Do any of you guys heat your tents with coal? The place I go doesn't have much for trees and i'm thinking of converting my stove to burn on coal but my problem is I cant find it. Im from the Twin Cities Area. Thank for any help/tips

I use coal in my wall tent stove, I've bought it in Arco Idaho, Billings Montana, and Sheridan Wyoming.

Its dirt cheap, I usually go through about 6-8 pounds a night, holds the fire all night and makes starting a fire with wood a snap.

I use coal in my wall tent stove, I've bought it in Arco Idaho, Billings Montana, and Sheridan Wyoming.

Its dirt cheap, I usually go through about 6-8 pounds a night, holds the fire all night and makes starting a fire with wood a snap.

Ditto here, depending on your stove you may need a grate or a few small rocks to keep the coal off the bottom ,it does get hot!!

Only stayed in a tent once, and be sure you can get some air in cause it is very hot!

Buzz, you happen to remember the name of the place you bought it from in Sheridan? It's gonna be my first year in a wall tent and I'll be passing through that way. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back