Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

CO Unit 43 - 2021

Deckerp

Hey everyone. Me and my hunting partner are thinking to hunt 43 for archery this year using the OTC antlerless tag. Although we're Colorado natives that's a unit we haven't hunted and one I haven't visited much. We gravitate to the steeper units and ones where there isn't much opportunity for road hunters. Hoping those of you that have hunted there might share some of your experience on what the unit is like and how your hunt went. If anyone is familiar with outfitter camp locations I'd be interested to know that as well. Thanks!

Ok. I'm thinking about checking out the area. Thats about the farthest I want to drive from where I live.

I was there for my first ever Elk hunt coming from NC. Hells Bells is what some people call it and I can tell why.... Tough tough stuff, but we did see a bull though in that first week of the season just ran out of time. Pressure was high that labor day weekend but died off as the week progressed. We were also very new to the hunt and it was a huge learning experience, but I hear time and time again there are good elk in there and I know of people that have taken some out. I do not know if I will ever head back there... but never say never!

Good luck!

Back