CO Springs - What to do?

Yes, Boulder.
My bad haha
South Pearl street on the south end of Denver is pretty nice. If she fancies some shopping, that’s a good choice in the city. Good beer and sandwiches @ Platt Park brewing, and a few other Indy food joints that are all solid.

Pearl st in Boulder is basically a hippy-er version of 16th st in Denver - e.g., 78 T-shirt shops and various junk. but there’s a street performer that can fit himself into a plexiglas cube (that is pretty neat to see, actually).

Stay the hell out of downtown Denver!
Street people and lunatics!
Eldest worked in downtown Denver until the morning greeting of the homeless guy wearing nothing but a backpack, spoke as he urinated in the planters in front of the building, finally sent the kid back to rural Oklahoma!
Not to mention dodging the poop piles on the sidewalks, and we ain't talking "pooch poo"!

Denver may have been a beautiful place to visit at one time, no more!
+1 on that. Downtown Denver is not a nice place to hang out. It's a real shame. The pot smoke was very strong and literally everywhere when we were there a few yrs ago. It made dining outside unpleasant.

You may also try a ride/drive up Mt. Evans. Road can be rough, but it's the highest paved road in America. Be careful at the top...the air is really, really thin so don't jump out of the car (or off the motorcycle) and try running the last little bit to the top...especially if it's your first day at altitude (and a flatlander from IL)

RMNP is worth a little drive if you have time and the sky's are clear. Lots of elk and other wildlife visible close to the road. Not sure how much fire damage from last year might have impacted things, so maybe check into that before making the trip.

Have a good trip and be safe. Don't get distracted with the views while driving....it's easy to do and can be very dangerous, including others who may be doing this and drifting into your lane.

Here's a pick of RMNP. I see that you are there and hitting some of the sites you (and others) had listed. If you go up to Estes, it would be worth the drive if you can get access. This pick is from a ride I did a few years back. Same time I went up Mt. Evans..

Attachments

• RMNP Elk.jpg
    RMNP Elk.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2
Here is another of the breathtaking views. I can't recall 100% but I think this was from the park as well...but don't hold me to that claim.

Attachments

• RMNP View.jpg
    RMNP View.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2
+1 on that. Downtown Denver is not a nice place to hang out. It's a real shame. The pot smoke was very strong and literally everywhere when we were there a few yrs ago. It made dining outside unpleasant.

You may also try a ride/drive up Mt. Evans. Road can be rough, but it's the highest paved road in America. Be careful at the top...the air is really, really thin so don't jump out of the car (or off the motorcycle) and try running the last little bit to the top...especially if it's your first day at altitude (and a flatlander from IL)

RMNP is worth a little drive if you have time and the sky's are clear. Lots of elk and other wildlife visible close to the road. Not sure how much fire damage from last year might have impacted things, so maybe check into that before making the trip.

Have a good trip and be safe. Don't get distracted with the views while driving....it's easy to do and can be very dangerous, including others who may be doing this and drifting into your lane.
Mt Evans was requiring reservations, just like RMNP. Not sure if that still holds true.

The Elk in RMNP do let you have that close-up experience.RMNP_BULL_ELK_WEB.jpg

Mt Evans was requiring reservations, just like RMNP. Not sure if that still holds true.

The Elk in RMNP do let you have that close-up experience.View attachment 189757
From what I can tell timed reservations are required from 9am-3pm (for trail ridge rd atleast)

If I am wrong please correct me as we are going to be up that way tomorrow and I would like to see some of RMNP

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back