MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CO ski country elk???

northwoodsPT

New to the board, been reading a lot but just registered to join the discussions. My wife and i are going on vacation in Colorado Sept 17-26. We are going to be spending some time in The Dillon, Frisco, Breckenride, Aspen area for part of the trip.
I have an unfilled OTC archery either sex tag from a trip earlier this year to the Grand Mesa NF. Saw lots of elk but hot weather and bad winds prevented us from getting any shots.
I think i got the go ahead from my wife to maybe hunt a morning or two while we are in the above areas while she goes shopping.
Not looking for anyones secret spots, but any recommendations on a general area around those towns to take a walk with my bow and maybe hear a bugle or two?
Would be willing to share some recent info about unit 41 Grand Mesa NF.

I just spent 4 days just north of Silverthorne(had to come back monday to start a new job today). Look into the Eagles Nest wilderness area about ten miles north of town. Parking lot is on the westside of the road. I think it is in unit 371 and should be a OTC unit(I was in another unit right by there). I managed to work within 40 yds of a nice 6x6 that was bugling like crazy on the back side of this big mound before the wind decided to change directions and blow right to him and shuffle him off in the other direction. Was a great time but with the new job schedule that was my only chance to go hunting this season. Good luck if you get out.

Back