CO OTC 3rd riffle season...looking for advice.

potsy89

This is my first hunt on my own. Im going with a buddy who has never hunted elk and I am as green as it gets. I have spots picked out in units 54,55, and 551. We went over in April and talked with the Fish & Game and Forest service to narrow down where we are going to hunt. We just got back from out second trip there to learn the area and hike around. We only had 3 days there as it takes 19 hrs to get there. It was a good trip, we crossed off a couple areas we wanted to check out and added some new ones. Im not looking for a "go here", we are going over 2 days before the season opens to scout. I was hoping I could send you my strategy and areas I have picked out to get some advice and make sure I'm on the right track. If your willing to help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DM me. Thanks

I have a very good spot in 55 you can try.I never hunted it 3rd season,but would bet it's pretty good.I use to get lonely hunting it in archery.In other words,no pressure.It may be more popular in rifle.It's a 2.2 mile walk from trailhead,and the uphill off the trail from there.Doubt may will do that hike.

Damn,I just saw the bird hunting thread and I think I put too much imfo out there on an open forum.Pm me if you want the imfo.If it takes me awhile to message u back it's because I'm scouting out pheasant south of Malta,Mt

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDavis
Back