Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CO leftover day

Stay tuned, there will be jackpot tags right up to the day before each season. It is a great time to have a flexible fall calendar.
It's not quite as spectacular with the new rule on the high point units but there are some pretty good tags to be had nevertheless.

What’s the new rule you are talking about?

Tags that take 5 resident points are offered to the next person in the drawing order instead of place on the left over list. So for instance I had a buddy who got a 4th season 44 tag off the list one year, under the new system the person who was 1 off from drawing that tag in the regular draw would be called up and offered the tag.

Tags that take 5 resident points are offered to the next person in the drawing order instead of place on the left over list. So for instance I had a buddy who got a 4th season 44 tag off the list one year, under the new system the person who was 1 off from drawing that tag in the regular draw would be called up and offered the tag.

View attachment 112172
This isn't new. They call the next 5, and then it gets dumped on the leftover list if no one takes it. Same last year, and I'm pretty sure in 2017. 2016 was different, I believe.

This isn't new. They call the next 5, and then it gets dumped on the leftover list if no one takes it. Same last year, and I'm pretty sure in 2017. 2016 was different, I believe.

Agreed not new to this year, new within the last couple seasons.

Agreed not new to this year, new within the last couple seasons.
Gotcha, that’s why I was confused. I thought it had been like that for a couple years. I was aware of the calling the next 5 in line, but didn’t know if you were talking about a different rule I didn’t know about.

I picked up a fourth season tag earlier today. I was shaking trying to get all my info entered in quickly. Kind of like buck fever I guess. Lol

Gotcha, that’s why I was confused. I thought it had been like that for a couple years. I was aware of the calling the next 5 in line, but didn’t know if you were talking about a different rule I didn’t know about.

I picked up a fourth season tag earlier today. I was shaking trying to get all my info entered in quickly. Kind of like buck fever I guess. Lol

Lol this makes me feel better. I had to go talk a walk around the block I was so jacked afterward. I tried for the same tag in the initial leftover and didn’t get one. Couldn’t believe I got a second chance.

Loving the comments about tag fever. I was an adrenaline mess when my 1st choice tag suddenly was available after 2 and a half hours of watching this morning and I got it into my cart. The pressure to enter credit card, hunter ID, etc is bad enough. Then a little warning saying I didn't check some dang "fulfillment method" box almost put me over the edge. WHAT BOX? WHERE'S THE FRIGGIN BOX!!!!!

Having to re-enter the hunter safety number and residency status is the most frustrating part. After this info is entered once, how can it not be persistent? It's obvious this data isn't being checked real time, just a hindrance.

Loving the comments about tag fever. I was an adrenaline mess when my 1st choice tag suddenly was available after 2 and a half hours of watching this morning and I got it into my cart. The pressure to enter credit card, hunter ID, etc is bad enough. Then a little warning saying I didn't check some dang "fulfillment method" box almost put me over the edge. WHAT BOX? WHERE'S THE FRIGGIN BOX!!!!!

Got my cow tag! I'm taking a swing at the high country in White River National Forest! Hopefully the vegetation remains through mid October!

Reactions: LCH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back