Yeti GOBOX Collection

CO Hunter's Ed Card Question ?

Trigger50

So, here in MN, your state drivers license can list that u have taken firearm safety training. Does this satisfy the law or do I also need the seperate firearm safety card be be carried afield ?

Last edited:
What kind of firearm safety requirement are you trying to comply with in CO? CCW?

Are you referring to your hunter safety card? I know when I went last year I took an old elk tag that had my hunter safety number on it and it wouldn't work. They had to pull up a copy of it online. But they said if you visit some sort of ranger station they can permanently attach it to your profile so you no longer have to have a copy of it.

Non-res hunting bro states that a Hunter's Education Card must be carried afield at all times. My MN drivers license has my hunters ed/firearm safety endorsement listed. Is this all I then need or do I need to actual paper card from my Hunter's Ed/Firearm safety class?

What Colberjs is referring to is if you take your hunter's safety card or endorsement into a CPW office, they can verify your H.E. in the license system and you will never have carry it with you again.

I had to have a copy faxed to the Pagosa Springs office to buy an OTC elk tag a few years ago even though I had a mule deer license with me. Do the current tags not state HE card required?

I had to have a copy faxed to the Pagosa Springs office to buy an OTC elk tag a few years ago even though I had a mule deer license with me. Do the current tags not state HE card required?

It's required, but you don't have to provide proof of HE when you apply for that mule deer license. Just enter a state and number. That's why they make you carry it unless it's verified.

Thanks Oak....it'll definitely be worth a visit to a center to get our profiles cert'd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back